7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 11:02 PM by MICHAELSSTARKE76 RSS

Samsung Galaxy S2 & Airave

Wrobo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I was given the Airave because of the horrible service in my area.  Just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S2 (got two, one for me and one for my wife)  Her phone seems to work fine but I cannot send text messages. Are there known issues with the connectivity between this phone and the Airave?  Is there a fix in place?

• 1. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 & Airave
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

It's not specific to the Galaxy S2, but there is an issue that may prevent a single user from sending SMS using the Airave. We're working on a software fix, but for the time being it should fix the problem if you powercycle the Airave. Sorry about the trouble, just let me know if it works.

-Donnie

• 2. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 & Airave
    Wrobo Newbie

After a few failed attempts, a 3rd call to Sprint, swapping out the phones.... more calls to Sprint.... a rep decided to reset the unit.  Now it works.  Hopefully for good.  The powercycles (2 that i did) did not solve the problem.

My main frustration is that every time I called Sprint they blamed it on the hardware and wanted me to return it.  After insisting they do everything they can it turns out I didn't need to return the phone.  Shame it took 5 days and over 10 hours on the phone and chat.

• 3. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 & Airave
    MICHAELSSTARKE76 Newbie

Im having this exact same issue. Got two new samsung Galaxy S2 phones for me and wife. I can do everthing she simply cannot send texts. I did power cycling, resets, a software push/reset from Sprint tech. to avail nothing works. Airave worked perfect were our old phones, Samsung Exclaim and Samsung Epic. Any new infor???

• 4. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 & Airave
    yournanme Valued Member

i turned my airave off and now my phone work just fine, when the airave is on i cant send any text messages, weird.

• 5. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 & Airave
    Wrobo Newbie

Update: After many many many conversations with Sprint, it finally works.  I don't know exactly what it was but I will tell you the scenario.  After my 5th conversation I had resigned to the fact that it just won't work.  I was talking to Sprint about my phone again not working right so they were doing the power cycle on their end.  I told them about the Airrave and they said they would cycle that as well.  Told them not to bother since we did it 3 times with no success.  She said she understands but would like to try again.  I wasn't at home at the time, but she cycled the airrave and asked me to check it when I got home.  Now it works.  I can make calls, send and receive text messages without much trouble.  Everyone once in a while I have some issues but its been far and few inbetween now.  I would suggest calling again and hoping for the best.  Wish I could have told you a clear cut way to fix it, but the reality is I don't know what did it.

• 6. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 & Airave
    MICHAELSSTARKE76 Newbie

I wonder if it was the fact you had them power cycle when you were not in range of the airrave? I have called sprint 3 times. Power cycled twice, hard reset wifes brand new phone, sprint software push and reset airrave. Did countless Updates to Firmware, Profile, PRL. To no avail its still not working. Im going to try this again now and have Sprint Power cycle my wife phone and airrave while she is currently at work.... Ill update later.

• 7. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 & Airave
    MICHAELSSTARKE76 Newbie

Well I don't believe it but it worked. Sprint did a reconnect...or "refresh" of wifes phone and airrave. Then I powercycled. Wife turned off phone at work for 20 minutes. I turned off airrave for 3 hours. When wife came home from work everything worked perfectly...Not sure if this makes a difference but it worked when the two devices were seperated. Hope this helps other people!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...