5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2012 8:05 PM by CAMSTUFs RSS

HTC EVO 4G LTE not useable as a phone

CAMSTUFs Expert
Currently Being Moderated

This phone is losing stars fast...

Problem #1 is due to the lack of 4G and or 4G LTE availability and the fact that the HTC EVO 4G LTE’s pathetic 3G is comparable to dialup.

Problem #2: As a result of the HTC EVO 4G LTE’s meager network, this phone has experienced numerous PRL updates, Play store time outs, connection loss issues, missed calls…

Problem #3: The non-removable battery drains fast as any smart phone and creates a serious problem for heavy smartphone users.

Problem #4: The kickstand & USB connector locations do not jive.  Using the kickstand in the home screen portrait view the phone will fall over when the USB is connected.   The location of the USB connecter is only good for use with a docking station and landscape viewing.

As smartphones rate, The HTC EVO 4G LTE is cutting edge.

AS a phone the HTC EVO 4G LTE is unacceptable.

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE not useable as a phone
    smotrs Master

Problem 1: This was a known issue and has been mentioned many times in many reviews prior to the phone being made available. I'm not excusing it, just mentioning that the information has been known for a while and users should know this going in.

Problem 2: There are a number of network locaitons being worked on. If your having network issues, you need to get in touch with Sprint so a ticket can be created. Be sure to provide your Zipcode where the issues occur.

Problem 3: You can do a SimPull to simulate pulling battery. However, if your battery is draining fast, I would be checking the settings to see what's running. If you aren't using WiFi, disable it. If your not using BlueTooth, disable it. Until the LTE network goes live in your area, switch to CDMA only. Check to see what pps are installed and what could be causing a battery drain. The phone should have enough juice to easily get you through the day and into the next before charging.

Problem 4: I have no problem using it in portrait mode. Mines actually very sturdy in protrait mode with or without the cable plugged in.

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE not useable as a phone
    smotrs Master

Also, jump into the following threadn ad give a shout out to Shane mentioning your having signal issues as well. Be sure to provide your Zipcode and possible cross streets where the issues seem to be so he can check into it further.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/91924?tstart=0

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE not useable as a phone
    CAMSTUFs Expert

Thanks for the quick reply;

As to my problem #1- The 4G /4G LTE thing is not the issue... I rarely used it on my OG EVO.

The problem is the 3G on the HTC EVO LTE sucks! Yes, I has been in contact with customer service.

Cant even do a speed test to see how slow it is

They fixed my Roaming issue on day 2.

Problem #2- I work at a major Airportt and never had 3G Issues, Co-workers don't have 3G issues.

Problem #3- I know all about samrtphone battery procedures and practice them regularly. The phone will not make it through my day with out charging. Co-workers charging OG EVO in the same mannor.  My point is, if you dont have access to a charger 24/7 your phone might become unuseable.

Problem #4- Not a big deal; Most phones dont even have a kickstand.

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE not useable as a phone
    smotrs Master

Definitely hit up Shane in that other thread.

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE not useable as a phone
    CAMSTUFs Expert

Got it, Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...