4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 10:33 AM by Yuvi_Droid RSS

How do i close apps on Samsung Galaxy S3?

JMOD26 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to close apps on samsung galaxy s3 withtout pressing the home or back buttons?

• 1. Re: How do i close apps on Samsung Galaxy S3?
    iria17 Regular Visitor

Well from what I know, closing an app should be either pressing the back button or go to task manager>Active application and hit "end all" for closing app.  If you hit the Home button, it will still be on standby mode and that will eat up your battery.  It is best to use those two options I mention.

To use Task manager, simply hold the Home button.

In that screen, you should be able to see the shortcut button for all the apps that you've used (you can remove all of them by pressing the "Remove All)

On the left side, click Task manager>Active application>End All and OK.

There is another option of having your apps closed/disabled everytime you leave that page.  However, if you just want it on standby if you are multi-tasking, I don't think you should use this features to disable the activities.

To use this program, go to: Setting>Developer options>

Apps: Do not keep activities  [  ]     <----- check box

(Destroy every activity as soon as the user leaves it)

I hope this helps.

• 2. Re: How do i close apps on Samsung Galaxy S3?
    queensh Regular Visitor

You may know this already but if you are on that media hub page, you can slide it down and all the stuff you have open will be on the bottom. You can hit the clear button and it was close all the apps that are open.

• 3. Re: How do i close apps on Samsung Galaxy S3?
    Silver Expert

JMOD26 wrote:

Is there a way to close apps on samsung galaxy s3 withtout pressing the home or back buttons?

The beauty of Android is that you don't have to "close apps" *.  Android takes care of them for you eventually as it needs resources.  It actually uses more battery to use task killers to end processes.  As iria17 pointed out, if you really want to "close" apps that you haven't hit the back arrow out of, then you can do what he/she said:

"To use Task manager, simply hold the Home button.

In that screen, you should be able to see the shortcut button for all the apps that you've used (you can remove all of them by pressing the "Remove All)

On the left side, click Task manager>Active application>End All and OK."

You can also go into Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Running and you can see what's running.  There really is no need to mess with these apps though, as they are consuming very little battery/CPU/RAM and are there to help things move faster.

I would not recommend going into the developer options menu ever for a normal user.  Unless you are a developer, there's not much to see there for you and you can do more harm than help to your phone.

* - a few poorly coded applications will run rampant and deserve to be killed.  These are mainly lazy ports of iOS applications where the developers don't care enough to do it right. So its a good idea to keep an eye on them, but I rarely if ever close them.

• 4. Re: How do i close apps on Samsung Galaxy S3?
    Yuvi_Droid Newbie

To access the Task Manager you can also use a super simple app that I just published on Google Play.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2416/screenshot2012070911450.png

This app is a simple shortcut to the Task Manager app found on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

It allows you to access the Task Manager more easily through the app drawer or the homescreen without having to long-press the home button.

Link: http://bit.ly/galaxys3_taskmanager

There is also a similar shortcut app for the Weather app (so that you can access the Weather app without using the large weather widget).

Link: http://bit.ly/galaxys3_weather

Cheers,

Yuvi

DroidAhead

http://www.droidahead.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...