1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 16, 2012 2:29 PM by T_Michael RSS

updated list of cmas phones?

VIDEOGOD69 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

can anyone post an updated list of the phonces capable of recieving emergency text's?

• 1. Re: updated list of cmas phones?
    T_Michael Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Any phone released in 2012 should have the capability, but of course most people don’t know when a particular phone model was released.

I believe this list is accurate, but I would double check with the store rep or customer service before basing a purchase decision on this list.  If the device is CMAS capable, they can confirm that on the device fact sheet. (From what I have seen, this feature is not always listed on the device’s “Key Features” list at sprint.com)

HTC EVO 3D (APX515CKT)

HTC EVO 4G LTE

HTC EVO Design 4G

Kyocera Brio (S3015)

Kyocera DuraCore (E4210)

Kyocera DuraMax (E4255)

Kyocera DuraPlus (E4233)

Kyocera Milano (C5120)

Kyocera Rise (C5155)

LG Marquee (LS855)

LG Optimus Elite (LS-696)

LG Rumor Reflex (LN-272)

LG Viper 4G LTE

Samsung Galaxy S II (SPH-D710)

Samsung Galaxy S III (SPH-L710)

Samsung M370

Samsung Seek (M350)

Samsung Transform Ultra (M930)

Samsung Trender (M380)

Sanyo Innuendo (SCP-6780)

Sanyo Vero (SCP-3820)

Sprint Express (M650)

ZTE Fury (N850)

Another option for confirming CMAS capability if you are looking at the phone in store;

• Newer phones will have CMAS or Emergency settings under the Messaging settings, although exact navigation will vary by phone.
    • For older phones, bring up the phone dialer and dial ##CMAS# (or ##2627#).  A CMAS capable phone will take you to a menu to set CMAS message options.

Another FYI for Android; this feature is at least somewhat device dependent; some Android devices will not support this regardless of the Android version on the phone.

From what I have found, once you receive a particular alert you should leave the alert in your inbox until it expires.  If you delete it, the system thinks that did not receive the original and re-sends it. 

From what I have found, once you receive a particular alert you should leave the alert in your inbox until it expires.  If you delete it, the system thinks that did not receive the original and re-sends it. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...