This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 4:00 PM by tomdeaver RSS

Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!

PrettyDee19 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

This rant is going to be brief. I purchased a Iphone 4S from sprint. I also purchased the apple Care insurance ($200). Two weeks after having the phone it got stolen. I tried to track it but it was always offline.I called sprint and they told me there was nothing they could do. I understand that my phone getting stolen was not Sprint's fault. However I think it is ridiiculous that I now have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to get the Iphone. $600 for a refurbished Iphone 4? I feel like Sprint should work with us on this one. I am just bewildered that they say there is nothing they can do for me. Oh yea... used my friendsd old phone instead. That broke today, WONDERFUL. Thank you Sprint and Apple for helping me OH SO MUCH.

• 1. Re: Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!
    Sprint Employee

I know this is information that would have been great for you when you got the phone but I always recommend iPhone users install the Find My iPhone application so if it is lost or stolen it can be located.

It must be done before the phone is lost. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-my-iphone/id376101648?mt=8

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 2. Re: Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!
    MikeARios Newbie

Sorry for the frustration you're dealing with.    I too have an iPhone and also purchased the Apple Care because Sprint doesn't offer any insurance for it and instead you have to buy it from Apple.  I think that's how it is for all phone carriers, but not sure.  Have you called Apple care, and if so, what did they say?

• 3. Re: Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!
    PrettyDee19 Newbie

I called Apple Care. They told me to track it if I could but since it was either lost or stolen there was nothing they could do for me. I tried tracking it for days and the thief never turned it back on. I got a refund for the Apple Care. Apparently the $200 you pay for apple care covers everything but lost or stolen phones.

• 4. Re: Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!
    PrettyDee19 Newbie

I used this. However if the phone is turned off there is absolutley no way to track it.

• 5. Re: Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Hello and my apologies for your trouble and frustration.  I just wanted to clarify a couple of points though.  Applecare is a one-time charge of $99, not $200, unless you bought more than one iPhone.  Apple determines this price as they do with all carriers; it's kind of the way Apple does business, "their way."  Sprint continues to explore a lost/stolen option for our iPhone customers but nothing has been decided on at this time. 

Did you know that the iPhone 4 8GB Pre-owned is only $49.99 exclusively on Sprint.com if you'll go ahead and sign another 2 year contract.  Since you just got your phone, you'll only be extending your contract by a month or two.  And the iPhone 4S 16GB Pre-owned is only $149.99.  You would still have 14 days to inspect the device if you're leary of a "pre-owned" phone, and these prices a whole lot cheaper than the MSRPs for iPhones that start at $499.99 and go up to $849.99. 

Thanks for using Sprint.com Communities, we appreciate your feedback,

Tom

Message was edited by: tomdeaver ~ inaccurate information. 

• 6. Re: Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!
    Levi4u Master

tomdeaver, That pricing is NOT available for existing non-eligible customers, We have to pay the full $499 rebate free pre-owned price for the 8GB iPhone, $599 for the 16gb iPhone.

Bummer, you don't qualify for savings and discounts in this section of our store. We do have a special section of our store just for you. See savings customized for your account.

Note for existing Sprint customers: You may use the instant and mail-in rebates available for eligible upgrades on select Sprint Certified Pre-owned devices.

• Depending on the device you choose, your current upgrade eligibility status may not be impacted. If you choose a device that is not eligible for special upgrade pricing, you'll pay the rebate-free pre-owned price. When you're ready to make your eligible upgrade to a brand new phone, you'll still be able to benefit from the instant and mail-in rebates.

• If you choose a certified pre-owned device that is eligible for upgrade pricing and take advantage of instant and mail-in rebates, you'll be eligible for special pricing again after 20 months.
  • 7. Re: Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!
    PrettyDee19 Newbie

Those prices are incorrect if you aren't eligible for an upgrade. The older version of the Iphone (iphone 4) listing price online is approx $500. I hope that someday Sprint changes this however I am sure it won't effect me when they do. Not such a great impression on a new customer.

• 8. Re: Stolen Iphone and Sprint can't do anything for me!
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Again I apologize, I mis-stated those prices for the Apple phones.  The rest of our pre-owned phones are available, even to you, for less than $100.  They may not be an iPhone, but there's a couple of Androids and Blackberrys that are pretty cool.  Apparently, Apple is once again unique in this process.

Tom

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...