This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2009 6:52 PM by TK241 RSS

network issue-Sprint data service is down

TK241 Silver Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Hey all, is anyone else experiencing this too? I`ve tried to access my data (vision/powervision) services, and i`m getting the error message, "HTTP Error 500: There is a problem with the page you are trying to access and it cannot be displayed. This has been nappening now for a while tonight, at this time none of my data services work. I`ll assume it is a network issue, and see if it`s fixed in the morning. Voice calling and my NDC appear to be unffacted, i`m noticing this in ZIP 54403. Anyone else also having this issue too? Thanx for anything ya can tell me, as i`m kinda curious and don`t wanna bug the cs folks about this. N9NRA

• 1. Re: network issue-Sprint data service is down
    fubikens Valued Member

seems to be working fine for me but I am in California and using EVDO

• 2. Re: network issue-Sprint data service is down
    TK241 Silver Expert

I`ve got the battery out and will see what that does, i`m now thinking this is a local/statewide issue, that`s why i`m wondering, to see if anyone else is seeing this too, i also have EVDO (REV 0, to be exact), so i`ll see what happens here. N9NRA

• 3. Re: network issue-Sprint data service is down
    TK241 Silver Expert

Update here, pulled the battery and left it out for a while, seemed to resolve the issue (i hope), correct me if i`m wrong, but dosen`t pulling the battery do a kinda "reset" of the handset`s memory or something like that? Also, this handset is gettin` "senile" and starting to feel it`s age, i`m trying to keep it going till i can do a proper changeover to the I580 that i got from really groovy lon and Will (thanx guys! Shamless plug there ). Let`s hope this fixes this issue, i really don`t wanna be battling my hanset till it finally heads off to cellphone heaven. N9NRA

• 4. Re: network issue-Sprint data service is down
    fubikens Valued Member

I believe you are correct, in fact thats one of the first things tech support asks you to do usually.

• 5. Re: network issue-Sprint data service is down
    TK241 Silver Expert

I thought so, that`s what i tried first rather than calling and bugging the cs boys about it. Thanx! And i just hope i can keep this unit going till my contract can be renewed so i can switch to that GROOVY IDEN unit i got (Motorola I580). N9NRA

• 6. Re: network issue-Sprint data service is down
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

I'm truly amazed how many people we have come into our store complaining of issues, and they haven't tried turning it off and back on. It makes me wonder some times. Seems to me that the first thing to try is restarting the thing, then going from there. But that may just be due to the fact that I grew up with technology from the beginning, so it is ingrained, or since I am a techie and do fix computers as well.

• 7. Re: network issue-Sprint data service is down
    TK241 Silver Expert

halcyoncmdr wrote:
    I'm truly amazed how many people we have come into our store complaining of issues, and they haven't tried turning it off and back on. It makes me wonder some times. Seems to me that the first thing to try is restarting the thing, then going from there. But that may just be due to the fact that I grew up with technology from the beginning, so it is ingrained, or since I am a techie and do fix computers as well.

True there, when i first encountered cellullar of any kind, it was via one of them old Motorola bagphones (my bro had one, really nice unit), so one really didn`t have to worry about it, and ya might not think on doing the pull-the-battery thingy or the on-and-off one, i tried the battery thing and fixed it, at least mine now works. N9NRA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...