This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 8:21 PM by SirThoreth RSS

I just want WiFi -- any way to get it without a data plan?

MONEGUIA Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Just so we're clear, I do NOT want to change my current plan -- 1500 Everything Messaging. My 2-year contract is almost up, so I will soon be eligible for the 2-year contract discount.

So after reading what it seems like 50 bajillion posts and articles, I found out that it is pointlessly difficult to get a phone with WiFi without being charged for a data plan and an extra fee. So my new questions are:

1. Are there any phones with WiFi right now on Sprint.com that I could get with my 2-year contract discount and use along with my current plan?

I found one phone on Sprint.com, Express from Sprint, and it doesn't have a link to the "required plans," so I'm assuming I can use it with my current plan. Although it says it doesn't have WiFi, one of the reviews says that it does indeed have WiFi. Can anyone else verify this? It would seem kind of silly to have the Android network without WiFi, but if so I guess users just use it with a data plan.

2. Are there any phones with WiFi on Ebay or Craigslist that I can buy, activate, and use along with my current plan? Or will Sprint notice that I have a smartphone and charge me automatically?

A bottom-line answer would be nice, but really any information to any of my questions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Monica

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...