This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2012 10:58 AM by Markie_B RSS

What happens when you block numbers from texting?

RValley411 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Can the primary account holder block certain numbers from texting on all the phones on the account? Does each phone get a notification saying a number was blocked? What happens when the person atempts to text a blocked number? And also what happens on the other end..when the blocked number attempts to text the number that has it blocked?

• 1. Re: What happens when you block numbers from texting?
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

The primary account can block certain numbers on all the numbers on account by either calling customer service and having it submitted in or else from sprint.com under preferences. The other number will not get a notification saying the number is blocked.

This is what will say when trying to send a text or trying to receive"

• Text messages are not received. 
    • Message composed and sent from phone but not delivered. 
    • Sending a message from the phone may return:  
      • You are not allowed to send text messages: Msg 2120.
    • Senders to the blocked number receive message:  
      • The recipient you are sending to has chosen to not receive messages: Msg 2111.
  • 2. Re: What happens when you block numbers from texting?
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

RValley411,

Thank you for your posts regarding blocking texts. To answer your question, you will have to block the specific number for each line on the account. No notification is provided that the number is blocked to your phone. You will receive a message notifying you of the change through email and it is sent to the primary email on the account. If you attempt to text a blocked number, you will receive a message stating the recipient you are sending to is in your block list. You have chosen to block all texts from(and to) this recipient. On the other end the party will receive a message stating the recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive messages. Hope this addresses your concerns.

Markie_B

• 3. Re: What happens when you block numbers from texting?
    RValley411 Newbie

Thank You. I just played around with blocking some numbers, and you are correct, I received a text right back stating that the number was in my block list. I was actually hoping that NOTHING would happen. HaHa. Do you happen to know if the "error" messages are different with each phone? Or are they standard/default messages, and the same for everyone in the sprint network?

• 4. Re: What happens when you block numbers from texting?
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

RValley411,

They are standard messages for everyone. Please let us know if you need any additional information.

Markie_B

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points