This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 4:36 PM by hanchew54 RSS

Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly

hanchew54 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

For the last 2 days I lost my goggle and twitter apps. Both application Twitter(processcom.twitter. android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. this message pertains to goggle services as well. What is wrong and why did this happen and how do I correct it.. I have a HTC EVO 4G phone. can anyone help me?

• 1. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly
    Sprint Employee

Are you getting a force close error? If so you more than likely will need to do a hard reset.

To reset the Evo properly:

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it 
    2. Hold the Volume Down button 
    3. Press and release the Power button 
    4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock 
    5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button 
    6. Press and release the Power button 
    7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Sprint BUZZ TECH

Oklahoma City

Hours Monday- Friday 6am - 3pm

https://network.sprint.com/   THE SPRINT NETWORK OF THE FUTURE IS UNDER WAY

• 2. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly
    DACBETH Valued Member

Old method no longer works after updates Larry??

• 3. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly

I tried several times but no menu appear after holding down volume and starting the power. the menu locks comes on then the normal stuff. still no goggle and twitter any other ideas. thanks for the help.+

• 4. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly
    DACBETH Valued Member

Remember what the tech is suggesting will reset the phone to factory.  All of the apps and data that you have on the phone will be gone.  You will have to rebuild it to its present state.  If you are synced with Google Calendar and contacts, the info will be retrieved once you set up your accounts on the phone again.  Otherwise, better save your contacts to the sd card before reset so they can be retrieved.

If you have pulled your battery and that has not helped and you are prepared to rebuild your phone, ,

settings, sd and phone storage, factory data reset, confirm.

• 5. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly

after trying everything when I power down I notice the restart close all apps and restart phone. i did that and my twitter account came back but still having problems with google services. they keep closing the app and I still don't know why.  but thanks I will save everything to my sd card . also Can you tell how to free up more internal storage I only have 66 mb left and I used 362 mb. any ideas.. thanks

• 6. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Hello.  Depending on how many apps you have, some of them may have a feature labelled "Move to SD."  The app itself is not moving but instead, the apps "data."  Try moving all that you can by going to Home - Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - All (at the top) - tap on any app.  Only the ones you've added may (or may not) have this feature as it's up to the developers of the particular app to include or exclude this feature. 

The other solution for freeing up internal storage is to remove applications that you no longer use or need.  You can do this from the same location as above, just tap "Uninstall" instead. 

The original EVO didn't come with very much internal storage for applications so this is somewhat of a common issue for that phone.  Also, low memory can cause force close errors based on not enough internal storage available at a given moment to open apps or background processes.  You may find that by uninstalling the "offending" app, the problem goes away. 

The final option is the factory data reset as described above by DACBETH.  I haven't tested the boot loader "manual" hard reset mentioned by OKIESTRO to see if it's not working the way it was designed.  The menu hard reset should be the same type of reset as the boot loader reset anyway.

Tom

• 7. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly
    indy46214 Valued Member

This is exactly the problem that we've been saying for the past 2+ yrs (!) low internal memory yet Sprint has filled it up with Blockbuster, Nascar, Nova and other trash and even tho we can 'disable' we can not remove...

• 8. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly
    DACBETH Valued Member

Removing those apps would not free any memory for you because they are in a partition that you can't access.  Yes Sprint could have made that partition smaller and given us more memory, but HTC could have provided more memory in the first place, then we could have all been happy. 

As tomdeaver indicated above, a factory reset will usually free up a lot of memory even after reloading your apps.  I do not update any of my apps.  I have found that by uninstalling apps that have updates and then fresh install that app has left more free memory than was available before this process.  So I do not update,  I uninstall an app that has notification of an update, clear cache, reinstall the new version of the app and then do a restart and/or pull the battery. 

• 9. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly
    indy46214 Valued Member

Great suggestion DACBETH on updating, thank you! I have all the space I need plus more on my phone its just that we have no control about all the worthless !#@%* that Sprint forces us to have.

• 10. Re: Twitter and google stopped unexpectedly

thanks for all the suggestions.will do that with all updates.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points