7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2012 10:10 AM by jerrydawg RSS

Evo 3D TEP Replacement

boybraza Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have an Evo 3D with the Total Equipment Program on it. If I were to replace the phone, would I be able to get an Evo 4G LTE or the same phone?

• 1. Re: Evo 3D TEP Replacement
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Replacement of a device is done with the same device or one with comparable features   The EVO 3d is a 4g Wimax device    the HTC EVO LTE has different features and is a more expensive device.   It is very unlikely that Asurion would replace with the newer phone with different capabilities

• 2. Re: Evo 3D TEP Replacement
    jobuddha Regular Visitor

You will get the same phone, or a phone that Asurion considers to be the equivalent.  In my experience, I actually got a downgrade as a replacement, but called back and got the same phone I originally had.

• 3. Re: Evo 3D TEP Replacement
    boybraza Newbie

Is Total Equipment Protection called Asurion or is it a different insurance thing?

• 4. Re: Evo 3D TEP Replacement
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

boybraza wrote:

Is Total Equipment Protection called Asurion or is it a different insurance thing?

Asurion is the insurance company that does the processing for Sprint's Total Equipment Protection, they honor the Lost/Stolen/Liquid damaged/Physically damaged devices. If it is something that is mechanical or electrical failure, like a blown speaker, screen black, mic out, etc. then that may be fixable or exchanged in a Service and Repair store without a deductible through TEP.

Sprint's protection plans are not upgrade programs. Phones are repaired if possible, exchanged for the same model if it can't be fixed in store, and only if an exact model replacement is not available is a roughly comparable model offered instead.

• 5. Re: Evo 3D TEP Replacement
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

Oh and I would like to add:

Almost 99.99% of the times, it's a refurbished phone, and with what I've read around here is correct, most of the times those refurbished phones are just not refurbished at all but just an used phone that was returned because of a problem and they send it right out to you again

• 6. Re: Evo 3D TEP Replacement
    NEILBLAICHER Newbie

I believe this is true. 

• 7. Re: Evo 3D TEP Replacement
    jerrydawg Regular Visitor

Sorry about the necropost. But, I'm really digging the faulty EVO3d you guys sent. Do they even check these things? The one that was sent has a blown earpiece and a touchscreen that bugs out like somebody is touching it on the upper edge. The one I just sent back for a touchscreen that bugs out on the lower edge. Also gotta love that cheap glue/double sided tape that lets go around the trim... That's one bunk replacement so far. Considering that the replacement has the same issue as the one that's replaced plus one I have serious doubts I'll get a working one in return. The tech at the store was able to verify the bunk replacement and another EVO3d is on the way.... Urgh. To think that I would've been better off keeping the original one and not bothering trying to get it replaced and tried fixing it myself because as my luck would have it the replacements will be worse. Merry Christmas.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points