1 2 3 99 Previous Next 1,483 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 5:50 PM by JrEnavarro RSS

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

Chris2993 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**: To TRACK your shipment if you HAVE NOT yet got it from Sprint, please follow these steps to track through UPS directly!

1) Go to UPS.com

2) Click on the "Tracking" tab

3) Click on "Track By Reference"

4) Input your Sprint account number (found on your monthly statement, or for new customers by chatting with a Sprint rep and asking for it) in the "Shipment Reference" field

5) Complete the "Destination Country" and "Destination Zip/Postal Code" fields

6) Click the "Track" button

OR

Sign up for UPS MyChoice (Click)  -   this service is simply AMAZING, after you sign up it will CROSS-REFERENCE all your future shipments to your new UPS MyChoice account and send you an email delivery notice, usually before the website you ordered from gets the tracking information! (As in this case, Sprint still hasn't sent it's emails out to some customers yet UPS MyChoice has supplied the shipment information to almost everyone!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if Sprint can give us some updated information on shipping dates throughout the week as we all impatiently await our pre-ordered iPhones! What is the latest date we could have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Sprint.com and expect a 9/21 delivery date (For each capacity please)?

Also, even if the shipping times start to get delayed later in the week, that shouldn't affect customers that already pre-ordered before that (sooner), correct? For example, if the sprint website said I can expect a 9/21 delivery date WHEN I pre-ordered and has since gone up to a later date, that shouldn't affect my 9/21 delivery date because I ordered it earlier right? I couldn't imagine they would hold all the orders until they can fullfill them all at once, that would be insane! So I'm assuming, and hoping, they start shipping out pre-orders as they get the phones in and don't just hold everyone back. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Apple & iPhone 4 Life  - - - - - Boooo Android!

Love,

Apple Fanboy - one of many 

Thanks for real for any helpful and useful responses,

Chris

• 1. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    Regina168 Regular Visitor

I was hoping to wake up to a delivery confirmation email from Sprint this morning.... but I didn't get anything :-(  I called to check on when they'll be shipping them out and the person on the phone couldn't give me time/date.  I asked if I could expedite the shipping, he said cannot.  I live in Hawaii and if they ship by UPS ground, I probably won't get it on Friday unless they ship it out THIS morning!  It'l be very disappointed if Idon't get it on Friday.

• 2. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    JENNNYHOOK Newbie

I called because I never recieved a confirmation email and was told they will be SHIPPING on the 21st and shouldn't expect it before next Monday the earliest.

• 3. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    mastaw00 Regular Visitor

JENNNYHOOK wrote:

I called because I never recieved a confirmation email and was told they will be SHIPPING on the 21st and shouldn't expect it before next Monday the earliest.

Booooooooo.  When did you order?  I'm curious as to if they ship based on order time/date.

Oh well, patience builds character, right?

• 4. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    rich_lo Regular Visitor

The reps can all say yes it will get here up until 9/20 but unless we get tracking numbers or an official sprint announcement its all just talk.

People that made Apple.com pre-orders have already started receiving tracking numbers from UPS as of this morning.

• 5. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!

Can anyone from Sprint give us an answer as to when our phones will ship?  I'm hoping it's today.

• 6. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    ky158151 Sprint Employee
    • iPhone 5 16G Black/Silver and White/Slate models 
      • Pre-orders placed from 9/14 at 2:01 a.m. CT through 9/14 at 2:00 p.m. CT will deliver on or around 9/21.
      • Pre-orders placed after 9/14 at 2:00 p.m. CT will ship in up to 2 weeks.
    • iPhone 5 32G and 64G models (both colors) 
      • Pre-orders placed from 9/14 at 2:01 a.m. CT through 9/18 will deliver on or around 9/21.
      • Orders placed after 9/18 are still expected to deliver within normal service levels of 2 to 5 business d
  • 7. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    vaprea90 Regular Visitor

I was also expecting a Shipping confirmation today... I placed my ordered at 7AM for a 64Gig - regardless I know the 64GB Was not sold out until the evening.

I received my confirmation of purchased 10 minuets after my order.

I was told you can lookup your Order via Fedex or UPS if you fill out a "track by reference" forum online. I don't know if this is for ONLY Phones ordered on Apple.com... but didn't work for me as of yet.

• Track by reference
    • Put your phone # in under "shipment reference" or your order# minus the last two numbers
    • Put your country
    • Leave your shipper acct blank.
    • Put your zip code
  • 8. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    Chris2993 Regular Visitor

** See Attachment **

This is all I could get out of a few attempts at customer service...I really don't know if this is enough satisfaction for me. I hope by all means this rep is telling the truth and it's a delivered by 9/21 !! They seem to be pretty confident of their shipping times though, they don't hesitate to give you expectations like this which I don't beleive they'd do if they weren't positive of what they were saying, right? We hope.....

• 9. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    mastaw00 Regular Visitor

ky158151 wrote:

• iPhone 5 16G Black/Silver and White/Slate models 
      • Pre-orders placed from 9/14 at 2:01 a.m. CT through 9/14 at 2:00 p.m. CT will deliver on or around 9/21.
      • Pre-orders placed after 9/14 at 2:00 p.m. CT will ship in up to 2 weeks.
    • iPhone 5 32G and 64G models (both colors) 
      • Pre-orders placed from 9/14 at 2:01 a.m. CT through 9/18 will deliver on or around 9/21.
      • Orders placed after 9/18 are still expected to deliver within normal service levels of 2 to 5 business d

Thank you for the update!

Just to help "satisfy" the masses (myself included), any idea when we'll see updates to the order status to show shipping or tracking information?  I was one of those million crazy people that was up at 2am central trying to place my order, so you can imagine the excitement we all have to get news on the orders.  Thanks!

• 10. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

You are welcome, it usually shows tracking information once it has been sent from the warehouse. You should get an email once the order has shipped which will include the tracking number.

• 11. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!

Now the question is WHEN will the phones be shipped?  Did the warehouse even start the shipping process yet?  Like I said, I live in Hawaii and would like to receive the phone on Friday but it usually takes 5 days to ship it to me so if it's not shipped out today, I'll be very disappointed.  I read in other forums that Apple already started mailing its preorders out.

• 12. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

If you pre-ordered before 2PM CST on 9/14, they will ship 2-5 business days before the 21st for delivery.

• 13. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    JENNNYHOOK Newbie

Yes, I was told just this afternoon that people will start recieveing them tomorrow!

• 14. Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!
    brendaio Regular Visitor

has your shipping status changed yet. mine still states the following. The order was place around 10:30 am Friday 09/14/12

Product ID DescriptionQty.Order Date Tracking #
    IPHONE 5 WHITE 16GB12012-09-14
    Status:Thank you for pre-ordering the 16G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Pre-orders placed through 2 pm CT on 9/14 will arrive on or around 9/21. Orders placed after 2 pm CT on 9/14 will ship in 2 weeks. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.
1 2 3 99 Previous Next