This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 5:41 PM by Sprint_cus1 RSS

iPhone 5 Insurance

Sprint_cus1 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Is Sprint now proiding insurance on the iPhone 5, I was told by a Sprint Technician that insurance is being offred on the iPhone 5 but not on the 4S or the 4.  Is this the truth, and why would you not offer insurance on the 4S or the 4 if the 5 is able to get it.

• 1. Re: iPhone 5 Insurance
    Chris_ra Social Care

Currently the Total Equipment Protection (TEP) offered through Sprint does not have Apple products listed as supported but the Apple Care protection is offered. Sprint has the ability to add and bill for the Apple Care protection within the first 30 days of owning the device. It's possible there are rumors floating around regarding the possibility of the TEP program supporting Apple products but there is no official word as of right now. Currently any insurance for Apple products is provided is through Apple Care and it does cover any new iPhone (5, 4s & 4).

Thank you,

Sprint Social Care & Support

• 2. Re: iPhone 5 Insurance
    14KNIGHT Master

Additionally we  can only offer the insurance on the device within 24 hours of activation.  After that apple care plus is only available from Apple.

• 3. Re: iPhone 5 Insurance
    Sprint_cus1 Regular Visitor

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate the information, I guess I should wait to upgrade, if tep is a possibility I don't see the need to spend 100 on the apple care if I can maybe get insurance through sprint which I would prefer.  I do appreciate the info.  I have to wonder why customer service is so much better through this forum than through the phone or the corporate stores.

Thanks again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points