cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION: Can I take over another person's Sprint account?

Question

I want to add one of my family members to my Sprint account. They have their own Sprint account now, I just want to add their number to my bill to help them save money.  How do I do that?

Answer

It may be possible for you to add an existing Sprint customer's phone number to your Sprint account by performing a Change of Ownership. We have a Change of Ownership page with instructions and details.

Things to keep in mind:

• In order for someone to take over responsibility for another Sprint phone number (and any lease or installment billing agreement), both people must have active Sprint accounts with no past due balance
  • If the device attached to the phone number is being leased or has an installment agreement, you will need to credit qualify for that responsibility and the terms may be different from the original account
  • Any loyalty or promotional credits (like BOGO credits) that are being applied to the line will be lost, when the line is switched over to the new account.  This change can't be undone.
  • You’ll use this same process if you want to split a number away from your account. Example: A child moving away from home wants their own account, but wants to keep their phone number.
Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
3 weeks ago
Updated by:

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat