cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

I'm just a  bit confuse here. data add-on charges became effective january 31,2011. So if you activated your smartphone before that date , your data add-on is waived. But what if you replace your phone from insurance(Asurion) and your smartphone is not available anymore (eg. palm pixie,it will be replaced by a different smratphone),will you be charged $10 dollar data add-on especially if it is an evo?

Tags (3)
23 REPLIES 23
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

From what I understand, if the phone is replaced through Asurion or through the advanced exchange program, you should not have to pay that fee. The only exception to that rule, would be if you switch to one of the 4G phones(which require this charge anyway).

What kind of phone did you have before, and what phone do you have now?

Highlighted
Wizard

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

Hello!

Because the EVO has always required the premium data charge, the system will not allow an exception to the rule. As a rule of thumb, this applies to all of the 4G phones. Additionally, because of the nature of the iPhone, it follows these same rules.

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

i still have my palm pixi,its insured. paying $8 every month + taxes and surcharges. it's abt to give up. and i'm planning to have it replaced thru insurance. if i get a smartphone as a replacement, do i have to pay the $10 add-on charge? and also, talkingabt charges, what is the surcharges for?

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

If you get another Palm Pixi, of course nothing will change, and as long as they don't force a 4G phone on you, you shouldn't have to pay that charge either.

As to the surcharges, if you're talking about the Sprint Surcharges on your bill, there's an awesome explanation on the last few pages of your bill. Or HERE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

but according to the bill, "it helps us to defray cost imposed on us". so, are we paying Sprint's taxes?

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

No.  Taxes are set by your state.  The $10 premium data fee would be considered a "surcharge"

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

The surcharges are like charges given to sprint from the government. Mostly from the FCC, and the FTC. so yeah, in a way, you are paying Sprint's taxes.

Highlighted
Master

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

If you get ANY smartphone besides the type you have now(Pixie), Yes you will be charged the $10 Premium Data fee.

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

Surcharges are not taxes, and we are not required to assess them by law. They are charges we choose to collect from you, are part of our rates, and are kept by us in whole or in part. The number and type of Surcharges will be provided on your invoice and may vary depending upon the location of the billing address of the Device and can change over time. We determine the rate for these charges, and these amounts are subject to change as are the components used to calculate these amounts.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml?ECID=vanity:termsandconditions

DerpyBird wrote:

The surcharges are like charges given to sprint from the government. Mostly from the FCC, and the FTC. so yeah, in a way, you are paying Sprint's taxes.

Highlighted
Master

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

levi  almost right currently the replenish does not get charged the 10.00 fee for data

Highlighted
Master

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

Correct, But the chances of getting a Replenish in exchange for a Pixie are slim to none.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.