cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

They are "charges that are imposed upon Sprint", so what other kinds of charges would we be talking about? I really believe that the surcharges are things that Sprint gets billed, like service provider taxes or fees, and then they just break tha tup, and pass it along to the cusotmers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

even if it is thru insurance?

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

I have to say the most hilarious thing about the $10 "premium data" charge is that in the year I've had my phone, I have NEVER been able to access 4G coverage.  I actually am pretty sure it doesn't exist?  So basically I'm paying an extra ten dollars per month to have my Evo pretend that it is looking (and unable to find) an imaginary 4G sprint network. I can't wait to finish my contract and quit paying these vultures.

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

So if I replace a Replenish with a phone I bought, not from sprint, I will have to pay the additional fee every month? I do not understand what the fee is for. I am in Phoenix AZ and have been told buy several people in different Sprint stores, corp and franchise, that AZ will never get 4G service. I cannot access the network any faster on my new phone than I did on my old phone, why do I have to pay extra???

Oh by the way, we have been Sprint users for over 14 years and are not happy with all the recent changes, unlimited everything my arse!!

Highlighted
Master

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

STEPHENW-13 wrote:

So if I replace a Replenish with a phone I bought, not from sprint, I will have to pay the additional fee every month? I do not understand what the fee is for. I am in Phoenix AZ and have been told buy several people in different Sprint stores, corp and franchise, that AZ will never get 4G service. I cannot access the network any faster on my new phone than I did on my old phone, why do I have to pay extra???

Oh by the way, we have been Sprint users for over 14 years and are not happy with all the recent changes, unlimited everything my arse!!

If you are swapping to any other Smartphone than a Replenish then yes, it would require adding the Premium Data, regardless when or where you got that phone. The only exception is in a Service and Repair store where the replacement phone is being exchanged due to an issue they can't fix. Even then if it is going to a phone that required the Premium Data before, say you end up going from an HTC Hero to an EVO 4G for instance, the Premium Data would be required even though it is a S&R exchange, because the EVO 4G has always required the Premium Data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: $10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

The premium data plan according to SPRINT TECH-SUPPORT is the same data as everyone else gets there is no difference in it. The phone uses more than they want you to use so they charge you more. My girlfriend just got a new samsung transform ultra I spent three hours on the phone debating that fact and all they said is tuff pay it or move on, so i am moving on. I pay for unlimited data so why do I need to pay for more data when I have unlimited.

Highlighted

Premium data plan add on is only for smart phones because these use more data and it is true,smart phones can do a lot more then ever before. Spint is only carrier that have unlimted data without slowing you down. if you had a choice to either pay $10.00 or tiered data plans which one would you pick?

Highlighted
Wizard

jarrodcb wrote:

The premium data plan according to SPRINT TECH-SUPPORT is the same data as everyone else gets there is no difference in it. The phone uses more than they want you to use so they charge you more. My girlfriend just got a new samsung transform ultra I spent three hours on the phone debating that fact and all they said is tuff pay it or move on, so i am moving on. I pay for unlimited data so why do I need to pay for more data when I have unlimited.

It's not about the quality of the data but the general behavior of the group that you are in - namely, smart phone owners. Let's say you're a 21 year old with a spotless driving record. You are still going to pay extra for car insurance. Why? Because people in that group pose a greater risk to the insurance companies, regardless of your individual driving record. In the same way, because smart phone users in general use a ton more data than feature phone users, you have to pay a premium for being in that group. What you get for it is not having to worry about how much data you are using.

This, of course, won't be the optimal situation for everyone. If a limited data plan that is cheaper from another company works better for you, then by all means, you should choose it. You are the consumer. Sprint is - as is other companies - is looking out for its financial interests. You should look out for yours.

Highlighted
Journeyman

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

I have three smartphones on my account only one has the ten doller charge. Not only that but, I have a unlimited plane, so that would mean that it dosen't mater how much data I use because it is UNLIMITED. The charge is not for a new line that i add yesterday but for a old line that i got a new phone for, because the old phone whent bad.

Highlighted
Wizard

And what phone did you add "yesterday?" Was it a smart phone? If not, of course you aren't charged the premium data fee.

There's a difference between paying for unlimited data on a smart phone vs. paying for unlimited data on a feature phone. You may not like that, but that's how it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jarrodcb.......you stated you have 3 smart phones and only being billed for 1 premium data add on for $10.00 that's only due to being a long term customer. if a customer has been with sprint for more than 8 years, generally customer care will "grandfather" you into a new plan at no extra charge BUT once you upgrade OR change your plan then the $10.00 add on fee will be applied. AND sprints 2 most popular plans are the Everything Data 450.00 (69.00/month) and Everything Data 150.00 (110.00/month) which are unlimited data plans BUT cap out at 5gigs, that's why premium data is applied because smart phones are known to use gigs and gigs of data especially if streaming movies and downloading music. its almost impossible to reach the 5 gig limit on anything besides a smart phone that's why the extra charge is applied. compared to other carriers, sprint offers the cheapest truly unlimited plans and when LTE is released its going to be Sprint VS. Verizon..

Highlighted
Wizard

$10 DATA-ADD ON CHARGE

The $10 data-add on charge is not just for 4G is for unlimited data for smartphones.Smartphones used 10 times more data than feature phones if it wasn't for the $10 data-add on charge than Sprint would have to have data caps like Verizon and AT&T and throtting speeds like Tmobile.So u basically paying for unlimited data for smartphones.Sprint is the only pos pay provider that has real unlimited data with no data caps no data overages and no throtting.AT&T just went up on their data plans s u got it good here with Sprint and save more money with Sprint.If U have unlimited data with Verizon or AT&T they are capping their unlimited data customers ather 2GB data so u got it good here with Sprint.The $10 data-add on charge is not bad at all for unlimted data for smartphones.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.