cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 days of (crappy) support to activate a new phone?!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

2 days of (crappy) support to activate a new phone?!?

New account, Simply Everything, 2 lines, an EVO and a Samsung Galaxy S. Lots of money, recurring. So, you'd think they'd like to make it work.

OK, so my son's EVO is working, after only 90 minutes of support, but 36 hours later, still no Samsung joy. They can't seem to activate my phone. There's "no price plan that works for it". What? Is this the first Galaxy S you've sold? So, after 4 hours of completely inept support, the case got escalated. What does that mean?

It means I don't hear a thing about it for at least a day. It means more hours where my old number has been removed from my old phone, but I still can't use my new phone. It means I'm kicking myself for thinking the unlimited data would be worth using a third place provider (third rate?).

So completely frustrated. I'm supposed to sit here, waiting for them to call back... This takes the cake for the absolute worst customer support I've ever experienced. And I've dealt with Microsoft, Cisco, HP, Dell, Verizon, ATT... The worst of the worst have nothing on Sprint.

Tomorrow's the last day, or I bail... I am so fed up.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: 2 days of (crappy) support to activate a new phone?!?

Good luck bailing, My daughter and I have the same model phone, between the 2 of us we have had 7 phones in less than a year. All they will do is send a replacement for the same POS phone. Soon as my contract is over, I am going to Verizon

Grizzleton, I understand that you were told that your phone couldn't be activated because we don't have a compatible plan, is that correct?

Journeyman

That's what they said. But as soon as I said, "just give me a new number", all was well. So, whatever. Compatible plan makes no sense just to port, but all works with a new number. You ask me? Someone somewhere screwed up. Worst of all? No one anywhere followed up with me on the issue.

I understand wanting to get a follow up call to confirm resolution. I wanted to make sure that everything was worked out because of course we have a plan for the Galaxy 2. It is the same plan for most smartphone devices, so my apologies for the misinformation. I am glad everything has been worked out and thanks for posting.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.