Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 to 4 weeks to exchange a phone?!?!?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

i bought an htc evo 3d a couple of days ago and now i want to exchange it for the epic 4g touch. (i just hate this phone) the girl at the store told me it would take 3 to 4 weeks to exchange a phone and that i would not have a phone in that time but i would still pay for the upcoming bill she also told me i could buy the pone for full price wich is over $500. is it true? does it take that much time to exchange it? because it seems like a LOT of time! i mean are you going to ship it back to taiwan? i dont want to spend 3 to 4 weeks without a phone

i read sprint's policy about exchanging devices and it doesn't say anything about waiting for a moth to get your device replaced.

please help me out.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

If you bought it at a Sprint store, they will take back the old one and give you the one you choose right then.  There is NO waiting for days.  You can go to any Sprint corporate store and as long as they have the stock available of the device you want...they must exchange it right then.  There is no sending off anything anywhere...anyone who would tell you that is trying to give you push back.  If you get any push back, ask to speak to their manager.  Get their Employee ID and we can escalate feedback on anyone who doesn't treat you right at any Store.  Just reply back to this thread or private message me and I will take care of it for you.

Thanks

-John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: 3 to 4 weeks to exchange a phone?!?!?

The exchange method depends on the way you purchased it. 

If you ordered it from Sprint.com or by talking to a sales rep on the phone, then just call order Support 8007774681 and they will send you the phone you want and a recovery box to return the previous phone.  That should only take a few days...usually no more than 4 or 5 days... (unless there is a backorder issue or something like that)

If you picked up the first phone at a Sprint store...then just bring all of your accessories, the packaging, and the like-new phone to any Sprint Corporate Store.  They will be able to exchange it for you right then.  If you got it at a 3rd party dealer or different retailer then you have to take it back to that particular store...

Remember, the exchange period is 14 days now and there may be a 35 dollar restocking fee.

-John

Journeyman

I bought the phone at a sprint store. So i am a little bit confused if i take my phone to the store will they exchange it right away or do i have to wait for 14 days without a phone? I am aware of the restocking fee and i have no problem with that i just dont want to wait for 14 days with no phone because they told me they need to ship this one first in order for sprint to be able to send the exchange phone.

Master

If you bought it at a Sprint store, they will take back the old one and give you the one you choose right then.  There is NO waiting for days.  You can go to any Sprint corporate store and as long as they have the stock available of the device you want...they must exchange it right then.  There is no sending off anything anywhere...anyone who would tell you that is trying to give you push back.  If you get any push back, ask to speak to their manager.  Get their Employee ID and we can escalate feedback on anyone who doesn't treat you right at any Store.  Just reply back to this thread or private message me and I will take care of it for you.

Thanks

-John

View solution in original post

Journeyman

Thank you very much your help john. i bought my phone before the policy change so that means i still have the 30 days to exchange the phone or at least that is what this girl at the store told me, but i dont understand why this girl told me it would take 3 to 4 weeks to exchange it i thinks it's ridiculous. anyway i will attempt to exchange my phone at a different store and let you know.

thank you for your help and sorry about my bad english.

Master

Yes, if the phone was purchased before 9/16/11 then you are still covered by the previous return/exchange policy of 30 days. Anything purcahsed on or after September 16th would be covered under the new 14 day return/exchange policy.

As posted above, if it was purchased on Sprint.com, through Sprint Telesales, or in a corporate retail store you can take it to any corporate store to return/exchange it. If they have the phone in stock they will swap it right then and there, no waiting.

If you purchased it at a third party store (they often don't have a large sign telling you this, they are only required to have a small sign near the front saying they are an authorized retailer), then you would have to take it back to that store.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.