Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE in NYC: What neighborhoods, Lagging Rollout

Highlighted
Journeyman

4G LTE in NYC: What neighborhoods, Lagging Rollout

Hello,

What area of NYC has 4G LTE active?  I'd like to at least test it out, considering I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and have been paying the $10 a month premium since July 2013 for pretty slow and unreliable 3G Speeds.

Thanks,

Vncent Vegas

Tags (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE in NYC: What neighborhoods, Lagging Rollout

It's in part .s of  the 11223 area. And to be honest it .s spotty

And awful .

My EVO pull s  on Wimax pulls twice the speed  .

And if not is on par

In the Bronx which has had a stable connection . LTE 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.  I'm not trekking into Brooklyn to check out LTE. I read on a site that it is 40% completed in NYC.  You would never know it.

Journeyman

BTW what part.  Are you most. Most  intrusted in  if.  Your in the queens area

Try by the Mets Stadium  .

Thier lte

Highlighted
Journeyman

SOHO.  And also Madison Square Park area, 23rd & Madison.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow 3G data speeds where you are. Sprint is currently upgrading and replacing all of its towers in NYC to support its Network Vision Platform. The upgrade will add enhanced 3G that will increase your data speeds while using 3G. We're working aggressively to get LTE coverage deployed in NYC as we do plan on official launching LTE coverage there within the next few months. Since you have a Samsung Galaxy III, if it is set to receive and LTE single, you may be able to acquire a LTE signal in various parts for NYC. Please keep in mind that these towers are still under the testing phase, so from time to time you may not be able to pick up a LTE signal. We thank you for your patience while we get LTE coverage deployed in NYC. For updates regarding LTE, please visit http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:lte

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.  I have set it to pick up the LTE signal in the settings.  Hope we see it soon!

Thanks for the info!

Highlighted
Wizard

We're welcome! We're working on getting it to you! Please let us know if you have any additional issues or questions?

Have a great day!

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.