cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60126 Zip Code: My family only uses texting - the phones almost never allow calls to go through

Highlighted
Journeyman

60126 Zip Code: My family only uses texting - the phones almost never allow calls to go through

This started in late June of 2012 - and it contiues now in Dec 2012.

We have been promised restoration of service and have been given some very intellectual explanations of what is taking place.  None of this has caused our service to work again. A dealer just told me that this may go on for 6 months to anohter year.

I am reaching the end of my family's tollerance level and wonder what others have done to rectify the situation.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please advise,

'thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: 60126 Zip Code: My family only uses texting - the phones almost never allow calls to go through

yeah, this def shouldn't be happening.

what's zip code for area of your usage?

and do you mean that calls you are trying to make don't go out, or rather that incoming calls don't come in to you?

This issue happening at home, any specific places, or just out and about wherever?

Journeyman

Re: 60126 Zip Code: My family only uses texting - the phones almost never allow calls to go through

ZIP IS 60126

Said that in my message header.

I am getting convinced that SPRINT is not really interested in peoples problems with thier service. I have been hanging on since June 2012.

Many problems with outbound calls not going through.

For example, last night...my daugfher and I were 1 block from my house when she went to call her friend on her SPRINT phone.

Her outbound call got blocked by a stately message announcer saying: YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO MAKE THIS CALL. PLEASE BLAH BLAH BLAH. I call who he suggests calling - and the lack of intrest continues.

It is the same message over and over and over.

And when I contact sprint, they tell me my phones are working 97% of the time.....

Rediculous and insutling. IS that becuase I do not use the phones for anything other than texting?

The message should say: FOR COMPETE SATISFACTION, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICE.

So back to my daughter's call: I handed her my VERIZION phone from work - and the call went right through.

When we got home, I asked her to call the home land line.

By no surprise, we got the same message: YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED to MAKE THIS CALL>........................................

Becuase most SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE Tell em that this i snot happening, I am now going to make it a federal case.

During my effort to contact SPRINT, I ended up talking to someone who did not deny what is taking place - and that was a surprise. Guess what, the call got dropped. 

I have reallly had it.

Been having this SAME PROBLEM since June 2012.

At one point yesterday, I was transfered to their ESCALATION TEAM. AND this person continued to tell me that they only owe me 93% service......well, we do not use the phones because all outbound calls are blocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This person did nothing but refute my issues. Implying I shoudl be happy with what I have. I should have hung up on him.

Escalation team? THe discussion was a joke.

Someone should get hold of me if they want me to keep using sprint.  A lawyer tells me that I can get our of my contract for non performance, lack of support, and more. That is not what I want to do but during the last two months, I have come to thet conclusion that SPRINT could care less about loosing customers. Please do something to convince me that I am wrong. I am listneing...

Journeyman

I mentioned 60126 the posting header.

My daughter was in front of our house last ngiht trying to call her friend: The call was blocked and the message said: YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO MAKE THIS CALL.

This is what happens with virtually every call within our ZIP COde.

Why am I paying for this?
I handed my daughter my VERIZION phonen from work and the call went through.

This has been the norm since June 2013. Every phone, 99% of calls. if not 100%. the family considers the phones unreliable.

The Escalation Team rep that I talked to yesterday afternoon told me I shoudl be happy with what I have.

Really?
Is that how SPRINT Feels?

I am not going to hang on much longer.

Journeyman

My service still blocks calls from going through.

All three phones.

This started in June of 2012. A six month run now. And counting.

Merry Chrismas.

Wizard

SprintTroublesII,

Hello John, Thank you for posting this it's important that we know when these kind of issues take place. I realize sorry isn't doesn't really do much at this point but please accept my apologies for any and all poor experience.

I realize you have already spent quite a bit of time with a Sprint representative and understand your time is valuable.  I would very much like to do some research on my own to narrow down what we need to address. From your message above I have some ideas that may or may not have been looked into and it's important to me that every avenue is explored in finding a solution. If you would allow me to take a look please send me an email or private message with the phone number to the device experiencing the call failure problem. I will make every effort to find a resolution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Chris

sprintcares@sprint.com

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.