cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Days, ZERO bars, NO service, Lost calls, can't text...

Highlighted
Patron

7 Days, ZERO bars, NO service, Lost calls, can't text...

I've posted previously; however, I got no response from a rep...

My phone has worked perfectly for 3 years.  Started a week ago, I have absolutely ZERO bars. 
Every single call is Lost / Dropped... ALL of them.  Every. Single. Time...

My text messages don't go through and one's that people send me show up 1-2 hours after being sent (if at all).

I was told that it was a "Tower problem", six days ago and that it would be fixed that night.  It was not.

I again talked to customer support and was told they were still working on it but the ETA was 7pm that night.   6 days later it still doesn't work.

I've called (from someone else's phone since mine is unuseable) 3 times and every time I was given a specific ETA within 24 hours as to when it would be fixed.

It has never cleared up, it's still not fixed and both my wife and I have not been able to use our cell phone for over a FULL WEEK.   

Mind you we pay $140 a month for this...

Can I PLEASE have an ACTUAL answer and REALISTIC ETA as to when I will again have any semblence of service?

I'm trying not to get mad; however, I can only be told so many times that "oh yeah it will be fixed by 7pm, so tomorrow morning by the latest".

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: 7 Days, ZERO bars, NO service, Lost calls, can't text...

At best sprint may give you a credit

But don,t expect the towers or your service to be restored soon ....

Patron

Thanks for the quick reply...!

I know this likely has a few factors invovled... but roughly, what do you mean by "soon"?

Like... have you had this issue for months?

What I don't get is when I have been able to call and speak to 3 different CS reps, I've been give less then a 24 hour lead time to have the problem be completely fixed.   

Why in the world would they tell me "ummm, 4 hours", if it was gonna be a month?  
Wouldn't that just lead to me getting extra upset, everyday, for 30 days in a row?

These are just questions in general, lol... not meant for you to have to answer of course.

Journeyman

I've been having same issues in Winter Springs FL 32708 since Friday. When I called Sprint, nobody can tell me what's going on. We spent $400 on 2 Samsung Galaxy S3, renewed our contract and this is what we get.  Very disappointing. I even lost a job opportunity because the calls kept dropping during a phone interview and then calls when straight to voice mail and I was not able to call out or text either.

Journeyman

@vanessa

you say you bought 2 samsung galaxy s3's, are both phones have same issue (will be network issue) or just your device? If its just one devide its a phone issue, take device to a sprint repair center to have it checked out... if its both phones, call sprint technical support and have them open up a network ticket.

Patron

Yep... same deal.  Winter Springs here as well (in the Highlands).

When did it start for you... about a week ago?  
It was always near perfect before that.

Patron

It's gotta be the service.  My phone (Blackberry Tour), and my wife's phone (Blackberry Curve), as well as her two Galaxy's all have no service.

It's definitely the area, customer service has confirmed this on the phone with me.

Hey, I get it... things happen.  I'm not furious (although somewhat on my way there), but any time I have called in the past seven days I am told specifically that it's a Tower issue and will be fixed in "8 hours", "by 7pm tonight", "for sure within 24 hours", "by tomorrow".  

That's what seems odd to me.

Journeyman

Its called having ETR (Estimated times of repair) those do change, dont blame the reps, blame the people that keep changing the ETRs, the reps are just giving you the information they have.

Journeyman

Both phones have the same issue, They opened "ticket" nothing done yet.  Phones works ok outside Winter Springs.

Journeyman

Once the tickets are opened, the reps you talk to in tech support no longer have any control of the situation, its all worked by the network ticket team.

Journeyman

Mackbuys,

I read all your post and understand your frustration. In Winter Springs, Florida we do have a cell site out which would absolutely explain the issue you are having. I am not sure why you are being given exact times on when it will be fixed when that can change based on how the repair is going. What I can tell you by looking at our Network Event Board is that it is due to be repaired soon. I do not anticipate it taking a month. Try updating the profile and PRL on your phones daily to help you connect to our towers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing and appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thank you,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

VanessaColonpr,

Thank you for the feedback. I see that you are in the same area of Winter Springs, Florida just wanted to let you know that there is a cellsite out which will be repaired soon. Try updating the profile and PRL daily. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.