ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A warning to all customers that ever get a termination notice

Journeyman

A warning to all customers that ever get a termination notice

I was a Sprint customer for over 8 years, 2 years ago my husband an I bought a home where we started getting horrible Sprint service. They sent us an Airave, but it hardly ever worked, I'm a nurse practioner who needs good service, but I didn't expect Sprint to put  a tower in my back yard so I didn't make a big fuss about it, just was forced to stand outside whenever I had a call about a patient. Phone was always on roaming to the point that Sprint sent us a warning letter about excessive roaming. 6 months later they send us a termination letter which I will attach to this conversation. It explicitly states that they are terminating my account but to make my transition easier that they would be waiving my ETF fee and the final monthly bill.

They were right; it's an expensive process transitioning. Between 2 phones, activation charges and the large initial bill from AT&T, my first month cost me approx $900. Either way, I was glad to be passed that, even though AT&T wasn't much better with call quality.

Sure enough, months later I get an email about my account being suspended because lack of payment which was a surprise to us because according the letter Sprint themselves sent to us, the account was to be terminated by them early December. My husband try’s explaining the situation to various CS over the phone, all of them implying that we're lying about the whole situation about the letter because they don't have ANY record of this letter being sent and telling us that the only way they could cancel our account was to pay the money owned plus the ETF. Obviously, this isn't something we are going to do because of the letter we received in the mail. One CS over email asks for a copy of the letter to prove that we're not lying. It took some time finding it because we got the letter 4 months ago and also didn't think we would have to prove to Sprint that they sent us a termination letter, it's all very ridiculous. Finally found the letter, scanned and emailed to the rep, and guess what happened? He stopped responding.

Now, I've never worked for Sprint or know anyone who has, but I would assume it's frowned upon their superiors to cancel accounts which is why they could be avoiding us, but we didn't ask to cancel, we were TERMINATED so I don't know what the problem is.

Here's the worst part, I just got a letter from a collection agency contracted by Sprint to help collect money that should have never been charged to us. I have ZERO problem paying what I rightfully owe, as stated; we have been Sprint customers for nearly a decade, why would I decide now to stop paying? If this negatively affects my credit, we're going to peruse legal matters since we don't see any other alternatives since speaking to over half a dozen reps has led to nothing but frustration.  My husband works a small healthcare organization and he has over 30 lines under a business account for Sprint which he says he's now going to terminate over this incident. If anyone from Sprint actually reads this, I can PM you their account number as proof.

If you ever get this letter, PLEASE don't throw it away like we almost did, it might be the only evidence you have in the future if you have to go through what we're dealing with.

http://i.imgur.com/TWRV4Kz.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: A warning to all customers that ever get a termination notice

Hey DORTEGA2003, thanks for posting with us.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a tough time. We're willing to take a closer look at your issue.

At your convenience, please send me a personal message. Include your name, Sprint account number, security information (PIN or security question answer), your Sprint Community name, and a link to this posting  thread. We can communicate directly in an effort to help Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

You should also be sure that the phones on your account have not been blacklisted.

Journeyman

Kind of disappointed that despite doing what has been requested, I once again have not been contacted by Sprint about this matter. It's about the 4th time this has happen whenever I feel I've made progress, they stop communicating with me when I believe I've made it clear to them that they are at fault in this dispute with them. Maybe my lawyer will have better success. 

Wizard

DORTEGA2003,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to this matter.  I apologize if you have not heard back from Gioman_9.  I can alert him to let him know you have been patiently waiting for a response.  What day did you send him a private message?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.