ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely WORST customer service EVER!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spent over 2 hrs on the phone with Sprint's, Customer "Care" department. 1.5 of those hrs I was on hold!!! I'll make this short, I had 7, that's right, SEVEN refurbished Palm Pre sent to me before sprint finally sent me a new phone that actually worked...they ended up sending me an HTC Hero to replace the original junk.  My wifes phone...she is on phone number 4...and guess what, Sprint REFUSES to send us(her) a different phone or even a replacement!!!  Amazing! I pay $129 a month for services get to use only 75% of the time!

My bill...ALWAYS ALWAYS wrong!

They promise one thing and when they fail to deliver they so conveniently can't find the "notes" from the previous operator! Really?  So you can't see they notes from what, 2 dozen different operators that I've spoken to over the past 2 calls???

Whatever...I've just had enough of Sprint!  Someone needs to bring a class-action law suit and hold them accountable for their actions or lack thereof!

Regardless, I'm paying the $200 to get out...that $200 is worth not having to deal with another incompotent, poorly trained, non-English speaking rep ever again!

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

I am terribly sorry about the experience you have had with your equipment. I would be glad to address the issues and look into an additional resolution for you. I will send you a private message with additional information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Wizard

It can be very frustrating (I've gone through it myself and am going through the same thing again right now) having to try the same handset repeatedly before changing. The problem is that there are corporate policies for this. I've heard 5 exchanges is the magic number before a phone will be swapped for another model. Sometimes you can get lucky and do a swap through Asurion to a different model, but that will cost you the $100 deductible.

CHADROBISON12334 wrote:

Regardless, I'm paying the $200 to get out...that $200 is worth not having to deal with another incompotent, poorly trained, non-English speaking rep ever again!

Every cell phone company is outsourcing their support, Sprint is the one I've found to have the least outsourcing. If you call during normal business hours, you will almost always get a US call center.

Journeyman

I Agree, they are LIARS and Cheats and will never accept what they say, If a customer service reps says anything please have them notarize and sign in blood in front of at least 5 witnesses because Sprint will not honor anything less, even if you have it in writing, take a look at what happened to me:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/298736#298736

Journeyman

rexcanis wrote:

It can be very frustrating (I've gone through it myself and am going through the same thing again right now) having to try the same handset repeatedly before changing. The problem is that there are corporate policies for this. I've heard 5 exchanges is the magic number before a phone will be swapped for another model. Sometimes you can get lucky and do a swap through Asurion to a different model, but that will cost you the $100 deductible.

CHADROBISON12334 wrote:

Every cell phone company is outsourcing their support, Sprint is the one I've found to have the least outsourcing. If you call during normal business hours, you will almost always get a US call center.

Just because you get a US support center doesn't mean it's not outsourced.  The problem comes from a lack of continuity between and within support channels.

Journeyman

OMG!!!    I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with them last night, explaining my issue literally 11 times. I was sooooooooo  frustrated by the end.  All I wanted was for them to replace my charger. I just got the Epic in May and the charger quit working.  Went to the Sprint authorized dealer and they couldn't do anything because they are not "corporate".  Finally after being on the phone for 2 1/2 hours, transferred to and fro, I get someone named Shane who finally did as I requested.   

I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, and should NOT have had to go through this AT ALL!!

Journeyman

You really put yourself through all that for a charger?  Is there a reason you didn't go to a Sprint corp store that also does repair where they might actually have replacement parts and pieces like that?  (the 3rd party operated stores suck)  Otherwise, it's a $10 charger if you let yourself pay a premium for it.  You can buy them for $5 all day long.

Sometimes, (the majority) people's bad CS experience's are self inflicted.  The OP's story is self explanatory.  We all have bad experiances, but come on.  Some people will go to the zoo and go see the same monkey then get upset when they get poo thrown on them every time. 

TRACYMICHELE101070 wrote:

OMG!!!    I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with them last night, explaining my issue literally 11 times. I was sooooooooo  frustrated by the end.  All I wanted was for them to replace my charger. I just got the Epic in May and the charger quit working.  Went to the Sprint authorized dealer and they couldn't do anything because they are not "corporate".  Finally after being on the phone for 2 1/2 hours, transferred to and fro, I get someone named Shane who finally did as I requested.   

I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, and should NOT have had to go through this AT ALL!!

Wizard

You went to a Sprint Authorized dealer... was it a repair center? Sprint Authorized Repair Centers could take care of a charger issue almost immediately, they just have to test your old one with your phone to make sure it's not an issue with the charging port. Then they can have it replaced, just like a corporate store can.

I tend to find that Indirect (Sprint Authorized) service centers are better than corporate ones. They usually have much shorter wait times for diagnostics/triage, and have better customer service.

Journeyman

JKENNEDY62 wrote:

You really put yourself through all that for a charger?  Is there a reason you didn't go to a Sprint corp store that also does repair where they might actually have replacement parts and pieces like that?  (the 3rd party operated stores suck)  Otherwise, it's a $10 charger if you let yourself pay a premium for it.  You can buy them for $5 all day long.

Sometimes, (the majority) people's bad CS experience's are self inflicted.  The OP's story is self explanatory.  We all have bad experiances, but come on.  Some people will go to the zoo and go see the same monkey then get upset when they get poo thrown on them every time. 

You nailed it on the head Kennedy, couldnt agree more and perfectly worded.
Journeyman

I agree, I have had terrible experience with Sprint customer service the majority of the time.  They spend two or three minutes re-hashing the same information and verification info from the last time I called, then another 10 minutes before realizing they need to send me to someone else, and then I explain the whole thing to them over again...  I have spent over seven hours with Sprint on the phone over the past 10 days trying to resolve issues.

When I talk to them and ask to be transferred to Corporate Care they say, "There is no such department."

Or when I trouble with ZipWhip, the THIRD tech support person I talked to trying to fix my login said, "Oh, I didn't realize we even had this site." ....scary.  And these are the people helping and supporting customers?  Amazingly poor service...

Journeyman

I also have had nothing but horrible customer service today trying to deal with a crappy phone, lying sprint retailers, and sprint not feeling liable for anything said, done or not done. In general I now feel that Sprint just flat out doesn't care as long as they are getting your money. I've been a grateful customer for years, but after today dealing with several different support people and still leaving frustrated and irritated, I'm strongly considering cancelling my service, paying the fee, and moving on just to get a company with better customer support.

Journeyman

CAVEMASTER,

This is very true - they do not feel liable and immediately are on the defensive saying their network is doing great, there are no service problems, etc etc.  When I asked for a partial refund for all my troubles, it was quite the battle.  They even said if there was a service outage (total lack of voice service during a day) they typically just refund that day's service!  That doesnt take into the account all the people I have to get in touch with the next day and the errands and activities it keeps me from doing at all.  That would come out to something like $2 according to them!

I definitely had MUCH better service from Verizon 80 ot 90% of the time compared to Sprint.  I can see why their service is $10 or $20 cheaper.

Even if you argue a case just like this to a CSR on the phone, they will just get irritated and argue back with you.  Last guy I talked to when I was ticked about the outage  (via Sprint chat since I have no landline) and them not fixing it for over three hours was "I hope you can understand our limitations." LOL

If I hear, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience one more time" I'm going to propose legislation barring that phrase from the English language   It's such BS.

(via Sprint chat since I have no landline)
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.