cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account STILL not canceled after several assurances that it is...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Account STILL not canceled after several assurances that it is...

I have canceled my account twice, yet, the line is still active and I'm still getting billed!!!

Beginning in June of this year, I have attempted to:

1. Transfer my contract to another person

2. Cancel my account.

Neither of these has been accomplished and it's unclear why.

In the past 5 months, I have tracked SEVEN HOURS spent with various members of the customer service team--online chat, through Twitter, in-store, and on the phone (with a record number of customer-service hang-ups). At the end of every interaction, I had a satisfactory answer from the person in question and every single time, they did not do what they said they would.

I was assured, on September 3rd, that my account was canceled and that I would no longer be invoiced an exorbitant amount on a contract that I had already once attempted to shut down.

I received another bill this month, for over $200 - again for a line that I cannot use, since I now live in another country. 

Another 2 hours spent online and on the phone led to a satisfactory response - the individual assured me that I would be credited the amount of the bill and that my account would be closed within 24 hours - by midnight October 5th.

I checked my account again on October 6th, and it was still open, and showed an amount due!

What on earth could be the advantage of forcing a client to keep a phone line? 

HOW can I get Sprint to stop fraudulently invoicing me for a line that they assured me was going to be canceled? I'm at wit's end at this point.

Thanks for any advice.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Account STILL not canceled after several assurances that it is...

Wow, that's a lot to go through. I'll send you a private message so I can get some more details.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.