cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a 'New' Phone Online - but it changes plans

Highlighted
Journeyman

Activating a 'New' Phone Online - but it changes plans

I have 2 phones that I swap between on a regular basis. I use the activate a new phone tool online, plug in the esn, it reviews your plan to make sure you are on the correct plan for the phone you are using, and no problem.

During the past week, Sprint has updated the tool, and now it remembers what phones were activated on the account and you don't need to plug in the esn numbers, great saves a step. The problem is when it goes to the review your plan, at least for me, it keeps trying to change me from Everything Data Shared 1500 to the Everything Data Family 1500, which more than doubles my monthly bill, but I am still using the same number of phones.

No way to change it, or select a different plan. Anyone else have this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Activating a 'New' Phone Online - but it changes plans

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with changing your equipment online because the system is having issues with the plan selection. To look into this further for you, can you verify the new plan that the system wants you to switch to? The plans that you listed above "Everything Data Shared 1500" and "Everything Data Family 1500" are that same plans and cost the same. Can you also let us know what you are being charged for the new plan?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

The plan I have now is $149 monthly, the plan that it wants me to switch to says that it is $230 monthly.

Journeyman

Like you, I as well swap between 2 different phones. But now, the tool says I have to chat with a rep or make an appointment at my local store. The only remaining redeeming quality of Sprint was the ability to easily swap phones online and now they've gone and screwed that up too. November can't come quick enough to jump ship.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Really? no answers, or acknowledgement, its been almost a week, could have at least gave a generic "we are looking into it"....

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.