cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Amex Rebate $100

Highlighted
Journeyman

American Express Amex Rebate $100

So I opened my phone in early July 2012 and it is now October 22 2012 and I still haven't received my $100 amex rebate that I was promised when I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 online. It was a promo at the time and thats basically what made me decide to open up a Sprint account.

In the fine print it specifically says, the rebate gift card will be automatically mailed to your billing address on file. OK fine, I will wait.

So now 3 whole months later, I still have not received anything.

Does anyone have the same problem and still waiting for the rebate?

I've tried calling Sprint and they just transfer me over to American Express who says they have no records of my account. Of course they have no record I DIDNT RECEIVE THE DAMN CARD YET!! So Amex tells me to go back to talk to Sprint. Sprint says they were gonna investigate and call me back in 5 days which they didn't, of course not.

Basically its just a never ending cycle of me calling back and forth and no one seems to be able to help and so in the end im the one SOL on the $100

Anyone out there that can help?

30 REPLIES 30
Journeyman

Re: American Express Amex Rebate $100

Hello

I can help. Please sned me private message with your phone number and pin.*Paida

Journeyman

DO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM!!  They are the worst people to deal with!  They will lie lie lie lie until you get fed up and give up.  I am telling you it is not worth it.  Only advice I can give you, CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT NOW!  I did and am scheduled for termination nov 14

Journeyman

same thing happened to me i bought the new evo in july and never recieved my $100 card

Journeyman

OMG same thing happened to me. I bought 2 iphone 4's in July.  Here it is Nov 2 and NO gift cards.  I've called a dozen times, spoke to a dozen different people with Sprint and AMEX.  Obviously this was a total scam.  All they've done is drive me insane... constantly chasing after these stupid gift cards.  LIES, LIES, LIES!!!  I posted a blog under the customer service community here, filed a complaint with the BBB and am in the process of trying to get the WOAI channel 4 trouble shooters (local news crew) to help me investigate this empty promise.

Journeyman

Same thing is happening to me also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is BS!

Journeyman

Happened to me as well,such a scam.

I'm calling the Better Business Bureau if Sprint can't tell me where my gift card is.

Journeyman

Thanks for the replies, it's eye opening to see that I am not the only one out there.

A big part of the reason why I chose Sprint was because of the rebate. There were two. The $100 amex which I'm still waiting on and a $50 credit on the bill which did not show up after 3 months. I had to call and speak to them for like 20 minutes for the $50 credit.

Someone has reached out to help me with the issue. Its been a few weeks already.

Will keep everyone posted if I do receive the Amex Card

Journeyman

I am in the same boat!  This is pathetic!  I have been a Sprint customer for over 12 years and their customer service is just getting worse and worse.  I have been working on this for over 2 hours today and still no help.  At this point, I have been on hold for 20 minutes (fourth phone call of the day) for a supervisor.

Sigh!

Journeyman

Good morning,

I was able to find some information about the American express prepaid cards. This promotion is different from the mail in rebate. Here is some of the criteria to be able to receive this card. It has to be a new line of service and not an upgrade, the purchase would have made on our website or through Telesales and the purchase would have been made between 7/6/12 – 7/14/12 and 8/14/12 – 8/26/12.

Mail in rebate

For the mail in rebates, this includes upgrade. This promotion began 7/24/2011.  Here is some information that maybe helpful. If a rebate request was submitted but the account is past due you would not be able to get the rebate. Also if the device is swapped to another line of service it cancels the rebate. If you have not received you mail in rebate you can submit one @ www.sprint.com/rebates .It does 8 weeks to receive the rebate.

Hope this information is helpful

Thank you

*Paida

Journeyman

I was supposed to get a card too. But Sprint just put on my bill as a credit instead of sending me a card. Which was great!!

Journeyman

Me and my girlfriend ordered the and opened new lines the same time and she recieved a 100 card and I have not we also chose the same phone so can you respond and tell me why I also did not recieved this offer????

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.