cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else notice the upgrade "discount" is a joke?

Journeyman

Re: Anyone else notice the upgrade "discount" is a joke?

It's funny how this complaint thread has turned from disappointment from the "upgrade discount" to a complaint about Sprint overall. While I do agree with some of you guys about the customer service having some communication issues and the restocking fees and whatnot, I do not see why some are complaining so much about Sprint.

I'm happy with my services, especially for the price I pay.  Unlimited data and 1500 shared minutes for 3 people is great for me.  You cant find that anywhere else for the price Sprint offers.  Remember Sprint can't cater to every person's needs, it's simply impossible.  There are other options such as their competitors, if it's money that you're talking about- go elsewhere -_-

The upgrade discount is misleading like I said in my previous post.  Sprint should have a way of giving discounts for "good standing" customers I believe.. perks such as giving a true upgrade discounts and waiving upgrade fees would be nice.

I would like to thank Sprint for their efforts and the services they provide.

Wizard

Jenny just an FYI Sprint does not outsource there custumer support to india or other places around the world anymore it all in the US.(that why there support was close on thanksgiving day). You might be confuse with att.

Journeyman

by the way, if you had upgraded, you would have found that Sprint would have RAISED YOUR MONTHLY COST BY ABOUT $40 per month since all new upgrades will not work with the current plan. I am going to change to another company in the near future and have my family located in many area do the same. I have been a Sprint customer for more than 10 years. Sprint will lose 10 customers with this appoach to increasing the monthly rate.

Journeyman

I am switching too; now on a "family" plan, we need to get 2 smartphones, but only the primary phone # gets any kind of real discount, the $75 discount is a joke if the phones are overpriced by a hundred or more! It will be worth paying extra for a few months' fees to vote with my $$. May switch to Credo Mobile actually, they are a sprint reseller and pay your early termination charges.

Master

3020fjr wrote:

Jenny just an FYI Sprint does not outsource there custumer support to india or other places around the world anymore it all in the US.(that why there support was close on thanksgiving day). You might be confuse with att.

Yes, They outsource to Canada and the Philippines, Most calls are taken in the US, But when they get overloaded your calls get forwarded to the outsourced reps. I talk to a few of them frequently. Telesales is also outsourced.

Journeyman

Totally agree. It is a joke. This is a multi-billion dollar company. You'd think they do a little better by their loyal customers. I've been with them alot longer than 2 yrs and I have 5 phones on my account. So you know they're making some bucks off of me.

Journeyman

I agree with you totally. I ended up paying $50 for my phone after my upgrade "discount" of $150. New customers can get my phone for free!! The 30 day satisfaction gaurantee exchange is <removed expletive> too. I didn't like my new phone and decided to exchange it within the first 2 weeks. Well all of a sudden the prices were different. I had to use what I gave for the phone, $50 and the one I wanted, I had to pay the difference in the FULL price of the phone I wanted and the one I got. The phone I wanted to exchange for was the same price at the time, with the discount as the one I got. (and had been for a long time) I figured an even exchange. Nope. The new phone was $399 and they wanted me to pay the difference of $349 to exchange my phone as they promise in the 30 day return even if you just don't like it.

Soo, be careful of the 30 day exchanges.

Message was edited by: ClaudiPo

Master

ONESHORTCAJUN68, When your eligible for the full upgrade discount($150) you get the exact same pricing as a new customer would. When taking advantage of the 30 Sprint Free Guarantee when you exchange a phone for a different model/color they may charge a $35 restocking fee, Your upgrade discount is reset so you should not of had to pay full price for the exchange. Where did you purchase your original phone? And is that where you done the exchange? Something in your story just doesn't add up or sound right.

Journeyman

I purchased my phone online. It was $500.+. If I was a "new" customer I could have gotten it alot cheaper, or on some phones, I can buy one and get one free. How is that fair? Right now you have a special going for a buy one, get one, but only with a "new" line. Why do you never offer deals like that to old customers?

Wizard

BETTYBOOP0112 wrote:

I purchased my phone online. It was $500.+. If I was a "new" customer I could have gotten it alot cheaper, or on some phones, I can buy one and get one free. How is that fair? Right now you have a special going for a buy one, get one, but only with a "new" line. Why do you never offer deals like that to old customers?

As Levi said When your eligible for the full upgrade discount($150) you get the exact same pricing as a new customer would. You can find more information about upgrades here https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/RebateWelcome.do also if you buy a new phone with sprint and 6 month later you want to buy another phone you will have to pay full price since you are not yet eligible for and upgrade. As for the buy one get one free if you are eligible for upgrade you could get that offer as stated in the term here http://shop.sprint.com/en/stores/popups/bb9670_popup.shtml

Highlighted

Okay Oneshortcajun,   The discount is not the same when you have a $150 upgrade credit.  I wouldn't started this post if it was!  I priced out brand new phones as a Sprint costumer and as a new customer and most of the phones I was looking at had a cheaper price for new Sprint customers.  Sprint shows no respect or appreciation for their current existing loyal customers.  They also offer an additional $50 bonus for new customers who bring their numbers from a different carrier ... no additional discounts for me!  Just an UPGRADE FEE!

Journeyman

Every carrier charges an upgrade fee. I agree it's crap, but nothing you can do. Some wireless proViders (not mentioning any names) charge even more than 18 bucks.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.