cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else notice the upgrade "discount" is a joke?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Anyone else notice the upgrade "discount" is a joke?

I think you were cheated on the discount.  The usual offer is $70 per line so they should have given you a $210 discount, not $150.

Journeyman

In response to ClaudiPo:  After paying $350 for an upgrade to a TP2 then getting my rebate of $100, my phone has ran decently for the past year, but for the last month I have had to take out the battery to reset the phone due to non-responsiveness.  Only a year old and having trouble like this and you ask why some of us want to upgrade every year??  These phones are not made to last.  My dad and my wife both had the instinct and both of them have stopped functioning properly.  If there is an area of the screen that is not responsive to touch (even after resetting) what course of action should be taken?  Oh wait, perhaps upgrade again.  For the majority of us, upgrading is a necessity, not just for a new toy.

Message was edited by: 2nrs2b

Journeyman

I'm experiencing a lot of problems with my phone.  I received a replacement and it has more problems than my original phone.

Sprint might have lower prices on their phone plans but its not worth it if they keep selling crappy devices 

Journeyman

I got one of the EVO phones the day it came out. Since then i have had OS issues with it twice. Both times I got a "Refurbished" phone. I paid almost 400.00 for a phone that broke twice in less than 6 months and couldn't get a NEW one? I think that is total BS and VERY poor customer service. To add salt to the would...I wanted to get my wife a new phone for Christmas. Her upgrade date is January 1st. They would not even push it up five days to save a "preferred customer" some cash. I have been a customer for over 9 years and Verizon is looking better now than ever! Not to mention they have free hot spot on all supported phones where Sprint charges 30.00 a month. It doesn't matter about the 4G service because 1. it's not available where i live and 2. Verizon is going 4G soon as well. If i could get ANY company to buy out my cancellation fees I would drop Sprint that day. Time to start speaking up with our wallets and let some of these companies, that we keep in business, need to REALLY rewarding good customers!

Journeyman

I noticed customer service and upgrades are a big joke. I seriously want to return this upgrade and close my sprint account right now. I just "upgraded" my phone on 12/17, and not even a week later the instant discount is $50 more. I called "customer service" with ONE question. Could I be credited $50 or was my timing just bad? I was placed on hold over and over, the call was escalated to a level 2 and I was placed on hold over and over. After being on the phone 35 minutes the call was ended. I called back and after being on the phone for 10 more minutes I was given an answer. Seriously? If this is what I have to go through, I do not want to be a customer for another 2 years. The phone, Samsung Intercept is crappy and the customer service I just received was crappier. I'd rather go back to MetroPCS or AT&T.

Journeyman

I was looking at upgrading to the EVO or the iPhone 4 as well.  I found the EVO at Target online for around $150 with a $30 or $40 gift card and for only $99 at Amazon.com.  I was extremely upset as well that a nearly 10 year Sprint loyal customer with a 5 year old phone would have to pay $299 for an Evo and hope the $100 rebate went through especially after all the issues I had with Sprint this summer sending bad updates that would hang both mine and my wife's old phones and all the text charges I am getting when I have texting blocked.

I just tried to order the EVO through Amazon for $99 but the order was rejected by Sprint so not sure what is the issue now but not sure how much longer I will be a Sprint customer now.  I also see the HTC Incredible and Aria are both free on Verizon and if I have to pay $199 after rebate I would rather get an iPhone 4 and not worry about the rebate or get one of these HTC phones for free.  I also know of others that were considering Sprint and the EVO until they found out you had to pay $30 a month for it to act as a hub and the $69 unlimited plan is actually $79 for an EVO regardless of if you have 4G service or not.

Journeyman

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I AM SO MAD!!!

Journeyman

I don't think you understand how this system works.  Let's say you want the EVO 4G.  New or continued customer receives the subsidized price.  The additional 50 for a new customer is an enticement.  It's like waiving the enrollment fee at the gym for a new member.  Yes, it sucks for someone who just renews their contract each year, but that is life.  That you thought you would get the EVO for some kind of psychotic price is....misguided.  If you don't like the price of the phone, you can buy it without contract for...I think it's 500 if you want it that bad, but the fact that you can get it for $200 is pretty darn nice.  The thing is, these contracts have been structured this way for quite a few years, so I am not quite sure how you are just now running into the cost system.

Journeyman

Once they gotcha, they gotcha. They (and others like Verizon) are really looking for "New" customers. Hence the huge discounts for new customers. I recently (Oct 2010) bought a new laptop from Best Buy and was directed to a wireless card, Sierra 3G/4G with Sprint. This is the only service I have with Sprint. After only two months, I decided what I really wanted was an EVO 4G phone. I hadn't used my Sierra for over a month. I had an online chat with a Sprint Rep and Sprint Tech. Was told there would be no problem canceling my wireless card and transfering that phone number or my Verizon # to a new EVO. NO penalties for early termination since I was simply changing devices.

When I went to the Sprint store, they wanted over $600 for the phone. I did not get it. I was given a phone number to call and when I did, I did not have any more luck than I had at the store. Although I was offered a reconditioned phone for $459.  I even had the chat conversation that was sent to my email. Did not mean a thing.

I canceled my plan, went to verizon and got a new Droid X for $149 and am very happy with it. With my 3 Verizon phones I would have switched over to Sprint and at approx $180 a month, it's their loss.

If you have omre than one phone in your family, try looking at Verizon 900 min family plan with 10 family and friends (landlines included). Any of your numbers are portable. SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS FOR NEW CUSTOMERS, of which I am no longer.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.