cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple replaced my previously unlocked iphone under warranty, now Sprint doesn´t want to unlock it again.

Patron

Apple replaced my previously unlocked iphone under warranty, now Sprint doesn´t want to unlock it again.

I accidentally broke my iphone´s screen and the guys at apple give a new one under the apple care coverage. My broke iphone was unlocked, but when i try to get the new one unlocked, the people at customer care tell me the device needs to be 90 days on the account.

I explan to the first guy, then the second, call again, and again and again, at first almost 2 months ago, then 2 weeks ago, then 2 days ago, and still can reach anyone who can understand that THIS IS A REPLACEMENT! it´s not a new phone, it´s even the same number. I even give the applecare repair number (R86604630) and the only answer i get: they will submit my case and someone (someday) will reply with an answer.

Why is so hard for sprint to acknowledge that a replacement is not a new phone? And why should i need to wait 90 days? I have excellent pay record, and i´m not a new customer (maybe that´s the problem).   I´m traveling tonight and I cannot use my phone (maybe I´m wrong thinking this phone is mine) to stay in touch with my family.

I´m getting so dissapointed with sprint because of this that I´m thinking seriously of changing company when my contract expires.

Jesus A.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Apple replaced my previously unlocked iphone under warranty, now Sprint doesn´t want to unlock it again.

jsrt-4,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on Sprint's Community page and we understand how this situation can be frustrating.  At this time Sprint's policy on unlocking a device for international usage is one unlock per line per contract after being active for a minimum of 90 days.  We understand that this device is a replacement but at this time Sprint Worldwide is unable to unlock your device.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.