cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps can't update - issues with Google Play Store - Gmail won't load attachments

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apps can't update - issues with Google Play Store - Gmail won't load attachments

Thank you in advance for your insight!

I have a Galaxy SIII and have unfortunately been having a variety of different issues over the past two months. Currently I'm unable to update any of my apps and photos/attachments will not load in my Gmail account.

My earlier problem was that my Google Play Store was completely inaccessible. When I clicked the icon, I would immediately be kicked back out to the home screen. I had been trying to see if there was an update to Gmail, hoping that would fix the problem with opening attachments.

I did some research online and got some tips: clear data, clear cache, restart, etc. None of the tips worked. I planned to take the phone in to a sprint store but then yesterday the problem with the Google Store suddenly went away and I am now able to open the program up. HOWEVER, then it tries to update all of my applications that haven't been able to update over the past couple of weeks while I couldn't access the store. NOW I receive an error that says,

"Update for xyzprogram could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPCSmiley Frustrated-5:AEC-0])"

None of my programs will update, manually or automatically.

My Gmail still will not open attachments.

I am ALSO having a problem with both the Samsung Keyboard and SWYPE. When I attempt to type (anything; texts, google searches, etc) a lot of times the keyboard will completely freeze and I am unable to type anything or delete or backspace.

Unfortunately I feel like I have been having a LOT of issues with this phone since I got it in December and I am wondering if it is the phone itself, Sprint, or something to do with Google/Android.
Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Apps can't update - issues with Google Play Store - Gmail won't load attachments

Hey stephrocksyoursocks, thanks for reaching out us; sorry to hear of your device issues.

The problems you're having with your device seem to be very intricate; I'd highly recommend visiting a local repair center so we can closely examine your phone. You can find a local repair center here: http://bit.ly/zihNln . Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.