cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there problems with Sprint in Texas?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Are there problems with Sprint in Texas?

My entire family has been having trouble with Sprint for the past 2 weeks.  We have not experienced problems before.  We have HTC evo shift phone, Galaxy, and 2 new Galaxy III phones.  Text messages are not being received.  Phone calls to the phone go directly to voicemail.  Emails are not being received.  Missed calls do not show up.  Internet is up sometimes, down others.  But most frustrating is missing calls and texts.  We have all restarted our phones,  taken the batteries out, and sprint store even provided factory reset code for HTC.

Help!  Mostly we are in College Station Texas, but Galaxy and one Galaxy III have been in Austin alot.  Problem seems more widespread in College Station.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Are there problems with Sprint in Texas?

W4PHONES-

I checked out the areas listed above and not seeing any apparent outage. Please feel free to post back if issues should arise again.

Always here to help!

Regards,

William

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

W4PHONES-

Greetings and thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. If multiple users are experiencing the same issues, it's probably network related. Would it be possible for you to provide me with the zipcode and cross streets to the impacted area(s)? I do know that Austin in general is receiving Network Vision upgrades right now. During the times of the upgrades, services maybe temporarily impaired.

Thanks in advance for your response!

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd like to see what you find out but I also have an update to my post that may be the actual cause...

In College Station..  Main cross streets for work (zip 77842) - Texas Ave and University Drive.  For home (zip 77845) - William D. Fitch and State Highway 6

In Austin,  downtown area (zip 78701)  6th Street and IH 35.

So,  it may actually be the HTC Evo Shift that caused the problems.  Took it to Sprint Store today and they found the phone was not linked to a specific account - somehow it lost that. Phone is currently working.  Most of problems from other phones were trying to call the HTC,  although we did have problems between Galaxy III and Galaxy a couple of times.  We have tested multiple times today and it appears everything is working just fine. 

I appreciate your time!  I love Sprint and haven't had a problem before.  Since I want the Galaxy IV (coming soon...) I didn't want to have to give it up.

Thanks again.

Highlighted

W4PHONES-

I checked out the areas listed above and not seeing any apparent outage. Please feel free to post back if issues should arise again.

Always here to help!

Regards,

William

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks William.  All phones working great!  I appreciate the help! 

Highlighted

Awesomeness! Anytime! 😃

-William

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.