cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing & Upgrade? Please help!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Billing & Upgrade? Please help!!

My wife and I are on a family plan. She was able for upgrade, I am not. We both want an Iphone 5, but only she is eligible for upgrade, meaning I will have to wait. So here is the deal...

Like many others, I got up at 2:55am and waited on the websites of Apple store, Sprint, Radio Shack etc... for who would be the first to take my order to get it the 9/21/2012. After numerous screen  refreshes, around 3:45am, Apple store finally let me through to place my order; the other sites still couldn't place order. I pre-ordered it through Apple with the upgrade. After confirmation, I noticed Apple stores phone wouldn't ship until the following Friday after release 9/28/12. Disappointing nonetheless, but I guess it will be alright due to high demand, and I know she or I were going to wait at a store just to try and get one there...

Later that morning, I saw on a blog post in this community that Sprint will mail iphones out on time, & customers will recieve their iphones on release day 9/21/2012. So I got one through Sprint with the same upgrade!!! I tried to go back to apple store to cancel the phone purchased through their website, but I could not make a change or cancel that order due to "order processing: can't make changes or cancel order at this time".

Soooo. I have been charged by Sprint $299 (+tax) on my credit card, and Apple has also charged/held $299 (+tax) (has not charged card yet) and will get that phone 10/1/12 (it has shipped as of Monday 9/25/12). I have not activated iphone from Sprint yet for fear when  Apple finlly charges my card (after shipped they charge card), they will charge my account for the regular price of the phone (32gb btw).

Will this happen? If not, will I be able to activate her Sprint iphone now on her line, then when I get the other iphone from Apple will I be able to activate THAT phone on my line with none other than the other $36 activation fee?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Billing & Upgrade? Please help!!

Yes Apple is going to charge you for the 299.00 dollars if they ship the phone to you.  I am not sure what else going to happen here.   Apple is going to send that fact they have used your upgrade on the phone to Sprint.   Sprint is going to inform them the upgrade has already been used to purchase a device from Sprint.   You should be able to activate one of the devices your account.  One of the device is going to have to be returned.   I do not know if you will get a charge from Apple for the full price of the device or not.   Can not see into there billing policy or procedures.   It may be that the device will be canceled by apple and never arrive.  If Sprint has sent a phone to you and you have it at this time you should be able to activate the device now.   I would not expect that you will be able to have both  phones at the discounted price.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.