Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blatantly Lied To

Blatantly Lied To

I recently went to my daughter's choir recital, during which I took a video with my Samsung S3. When I got home and went to view it, I realized that it hadn't recorded any volume. I was having trouble with my charger anyway, so I took it in. Keep in mind that I was told my a sprint rep to visit this store because it was a corporate store. So against my better judgement, I went to this store some 20 minutes away from my house.The store signed me in and took my phone and kept it for an hour and a half. Anyway, I come back and the tech sits me down and explains that my phone has severe "corrosion". What she didn't know if that I had just heard her tell the same BS to a previous customer when I was dropping my phone off. So, I didn't believe her. So today, I took the phone to a different store and just told them that I needed to see the corrosion myself. They opened it up and said THERE WAS NONE! Nada. Zip. Zero. So I was blatantly lied to. To make matters worse, when I called the first store to complain and spoke with a manager, she told me that she couldn't verify it without seeing my phone. So basically, she was calling me a liar. I have already driven about 100 miles around the metro Detroit area, because of bad information. No way in hell was I driving to her to prove to her that her tech was dishonest. I'm sure she instructed her to be. So I hung up with her and called Sprint. The woman on the phone was very apologetic, but that didn't make me feel any better. I wasted my time, gas, mileage, etc. I want to be reimbursed or made to feel whole again. I mean, had I trusted the lying technician, I would have filed a claim and been out of $150 for the deductible! So, I'm still not happy with Sprint. Yes, I'm getting a new phone but no....they shouldn't have put me through this and they should have gone above and beyond to make it better. What ever happened to real customer service? Still thinking of leaving Sprint. Whatcha gonna do Sprint?

Oh wait, when I chatted with a rep last night and told them what happened, they took the side of the rep. When I called another store this afternoon, he too, took the side of the rep. It's a damn shame that I have to PROVE in their face that they are lying. Some people lie so much, they forget it was a lie in the first place.

Signed,

One severely pissed off customer

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Blatantly Lied To

Just some observing

1>You were told to take it to a corporate store because they are "certified/qualified" to check the phone for damage. If you are "local" that was the right thing for them to tell you. However, you should have been shown what the damage was by the technician who did the work immediately. When you called and spoke to the manager, did you have your claim receipt? The claim receipt has the time you dropped the phone off, if they gave you a second one when you picked it up also the tech's name and the time the phone was finished being looked at, and should have a claim number as well.

2>If you are like me, and live 100 miles away from a corporate store, they, *2, would have spent more time trying to address the problem with you over the phone. I still think if you were having a recording issue, they should have been able to try to address the issue over the phone with the tech support by way of *2.

3>The following is for Sprint to address. I REFUSE to deal with a Sprint Corporate store because the sales reps are just out for their comission, the techs really act ignorant and do not really care how they act as well. I have had sprint sales reps and techs both tell me the phone that the Sprint Customer service rep printed a ticket for me to swap out was still the best phone out there at the time without listening to or accepting the reason why I needed to return it. I also heard them tell a new sprint customer the same garbage they told me concerning the same phone. They didn't care about my concerns about if the phone would ACTUALLY work in the area I live/work in. I almost felt like I was talking to a computer. 

Highlighted

Re: Blatantly Lied To

1>You were told to take it to a corporate store because they are "certified/qualified" to check the phone for damage. If you are "local" that was the right thing for them to tell you. However, you should have been shown what the damage was by the technician who did the work immediately. When you called and spoke to the manager, did you have your claim receipt? The claim receipt has the time you dropped the phone off, if they gave you a second one when you picked it up also the tech's name and the time the phone was finished being looked at, and should have a claim number as well.Yes I had my claims receipt but what does that matter? She wasn't trying to hear me and sounded irritated that I was bothering her

2>If you are like me, and live 100 miles away from a corporate store, they, *2, would have spent more time trying to address the problem with you over the phone. I still think if you were having a recording issue, they should have been able to try to address the issue over the phone with the tech support by way of *2. I don't live 100 miles from a corporate store. I said in total, after driving back and forth and around metro Detroit, I drove like 100 miles. So....they can't fix a speaker over the phone, So I took it in. Should have never resulted in this. Would have been no big deal had they fix or replaced my 3 month old phone. But to lie about it and send me away? Seriously?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.