cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brought To Tears by "Customer Service"!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm so upset, that my words may be few...  I just got off the phone with Sprint "Customer Service" in tears(and I'm no "cry baby")!  I was basically treated to like trash, by everyone I spoke with except for the last employee I spoke with(after multiple escalations)!  This is all because of charges(from a Blackberry Curve replacement phone) on my bill that I was ASSURED during multiple earlier conversations(multiple) would be reversed, and would not show up on my bill.  Lo and behold, I received the bill today and all the charges were on there.

I proceed to call, and the issue/conversation kept getting escalated from one rude Sprint personnel to another, until the last Supervisor(forgot his position) who quickly apologized and reversed the charges immediately.  By then, I was so upset and in tears that I could barely speak to him.  I'd heard horror stories about Sprint's customer service, but never really believed them, because that had never been my personal experience, but boy did I get a "kick in the face" tonight! 

I wasted over an hour on the phone with employees who were short of calling me the "B" word, which is not even remotely close to being my personality, but anyone would be frustrated after being told one thing by other reps, getting a bill that shows the opposite, and then being treated like a liar / cheat / beggar and basically scum!

Thanks Sprint, for all my LOYAL YEARS of blind faith in your company!  I hope Dan Hesse knows that loyal customers are being treated like trash over their hard-earned money!  Sadly, I may never have anything good to say about Sprint after my experience tonight.  Or maybe I'm the idiot here, and I should have known better than to expect good customer service from Sprint...

Former "Loyal" Customer

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

i just switched from Verizon and regret every minute of my new service. Customer service is a complete waste of time and even the people who try to help just cannot. If you want poor reception and bad customer service stay with Sprint.

Journeyman

Re: Brought To Tears by "Customer Service"!

I sincerely apologize that you had this horrible experience. No one should ever be treated in such a manner. It embarrasses me that there are reps out there that don't care about Sprint or their customers.

Did you talk to the supervisor (the one who fixed your issue) about how you had been treated? In the future, if a rep ever treats you similarly (I would hope this is a fluke), be sure to get their name, their agent ID, their location, and speak to their supervisor. These are situations in which the care rep is in need of a coaching from one of their superiors in order to correctly address and correct it.

I care about Sprint and I wish others could take pride in their work. I know I'm not perfect and I don't know every answer to every question, but I do strive to remain knowledgable and do my best to assist customers. I hope I'm not a "dying breed" so to speak.

I hope that getting their information at the beginning of the call will help your experiences with Customer Service in the future.

Journeyman

.. I too switched from Verizon (18 years) to Sprint.  I have been in a battle with customer service over my rebate.  Even though I have all of my paperwork intact and submitted my confirmation number.. they try to tell me a "record" has already been made and basically to accept what they have decided to give me vs what I had contracted for.  I think Sprint needs to chat with Verizon about who I am. Verizon tried to charge me ($98/change) after I left them ($0.00) and by time I got done with them (submitting my documentation) they sent me a check. 

I just don't understand the lack of loyalty to the customers who have been loyal to you.. So don't give up.. Hold them accountable.. and if that doesn't work.. social media is ALL the rage!!  Put them on full blast!

Wizard

ANDRUW1, welcome to the forum.  Many years and this is your first time posting on the forum, eh?  Well, next time you have issues, come post on here and a Rep will assist you, even in PM if required.  Same for the other posters on here with only one or two posts.  It is amazing how many customers out there being with Sprint for years, but completely unaware of the forum's existence along with its amazing power of resources and caring Reps.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.