cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Login to Sprint Account/Broken phone - can't receive verification code

Journeyman

Re: Can't Login to Sprint Account/Broken phone - can't receive verification code

You think it's bad that you have to ask your kids for your phones verification code. I have to ask my parents for it and they have no idea how to text. And the phones are in another location because I don't live with my parents. Then Sprint decides to change my plan on me behind my back to over charge me and with auto pay they get there money. I went to a Sprint store to print my statements because I can't login to do it, and the Sprint store tells me I have to go to a corporate store. Like pissed off teenager I drove another hour to the store to get it printed and then they told me they could do nothing about the over charging because it was a plan that was online only, so I had to call customer service to get it fixed. I have called customer service three times to get it fixed and I still call them. In addition I have called customer service 8 times about this verification process on my online account and Sprint has told me they have changed it to an email verification but they have not!!!!!! Every time customer service tells me we will change it, they say they do something and they never do! One time I had a person tell me they could not remove the second step verification from the numbers on the account because it was against fcc rules. I told him that was not true because your sprint business account you can control your second step verification. I know one thing if I continue to not be able to get into my account as an account holder and Sprint continues to change my plans without notice so they can continue to steal money from me, I will be cancelling and I very well may sue them if I have lost money. So far they say they have been re-emberssing me but we will see. This is so fustrating when you can't get into your online account to pay and manage payments. All because you only allow your second step verification to text a phone that is on the account instead of the account holder who manages the account. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Can't Login to Sprint Account/Broken phone - can't receive verification code

I'm checking into your options for the one time passcode. I can activate a code so you can use email, but it's only valid for that business day. I understand that you've been told that you're number has been made the primary contact number, but that hasn't happened. I'm happy to help you out and figure out why it's not been done. I'm sending you a private message to get your account info. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I chatted this morning with Janelle and she promised to have it done.  Never sent me a transcript of my chat either like she promised.  

It’s useless for me - I can’t use the website if they continue to send the code to my son’s phone.

Wizard

Hey @reganblevins1. I'll send you a PM so I can get your information and see about getting this fixed.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

can you help  me im having the same issue

Wizard

Good morning. I'd be happy to help you with this. How long has this been going on?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

It's been going on since June for me. And every month I call support and no one has a solution. Lately I have been told this will be taken care of but it never is. I don't think support knows what this issue really is. I still have to drive 3 hours to my parents house once a month to put there phones in my hand, just so I can login to my account to check my statements. This is simple, you go to my sprint to login, then it asks for you to chose a phone number that is only a phone number on the account, then it text messages a verification number to the phone on the account. I do not want it to ever text the number on the account for verification. It needs to text the account holder who pays the bills, NOT the PHONE NUMBER ON THE ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waste an extra $100 a month in gas just to pay Sprint for a cell phone and hour of my time with support every month. I may as well pay more money to another cell phone provider all because the web developers of your systems suck!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@pbpurplerose, let me make sure i'm getting what you're asking for. Are you wanting the verification to go to a phone number that is NOT a Sprint number? 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

That is correct. The my sprint account allows you to put a different number on the account and a email address to get notifications, but there is no spot to turn off the text message verification that is required when logging into the my sprint account from sprint.com. I pay for two sprint phone numbers and they are never in my possession. So the two sprint numbers can never be used for any type of verification purposes on the account. Not even logging into the account online. I need to be able to put a non sprint number on my account for verification purposes because I am the account holder and I do not have a Sprint phone number. Your business accounts allow for it. 

Journeyman

I need help with this as well.

I really think it would be worth it to have an alternative authentication method. If someones phone is damaged/lost there is no way to login, which makes this whole site useless. Why do I have to go to a thread, post a request, just to get something that could have been implemented in a button called "alternative verification"

Journeyman

That is correct. I do not have a sprint phone number but I manage the account with sprint phone numbers on it. I need to be able to manage my account with my own phone number on the account and that number is not a sprint phone number. And when I login to mysprint.com I need to verify my identity with my NON-Sprint number during the verification process. Other wise I can not get in my account to see statements, make changes, or even pay the bill. 

Journeyman

Yes!!!  I need a non-Sprint number for text verification.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.