cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate phone without change from family plan

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had a 2-line family plan (Everything Data + 2 HTC Evos) with Sprint for about a year. I recently purchased a used phone and wanted to try it out on my Sprint plan, replacing one of the Evos. When I try to activate the newly purchased phone and deactivate my old one, I get the following message:

Phone Swap Will Require a Plan Change

and am then provided with single-line plans to switch to before I can activate my phone.

What could be causing this? How can I swap the phones without changing my plan?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

I am sorry you are having this issue. I will be sending you a private message to gather some more information.

Markie_B

Master

You should be able to chat in with a rep by logging into your account at Sprint.com, then when in your account management, the Chat link will appear in the upper right near the login/logout area.

You can also call into customer care from a different phone by calling *2 (if a Sprint phone) or 888-211-4727.

Journeyman

Re: Can't activate phone without change from family plan

I am having the same issue. My current phone is not working properly and I am months away from a new two years. So I got a hand me down phone to hold me over and I have the same message.

Master

Re: Can't activate phone without change from family plan

If you are changing from a smart phone to feature phone or older device we would be removing the premium data charge.  which is the plan change  if you contact customer care at 1-888-2114727 they will assist you with the change

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.