cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't text in area code 55005

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't text in area code 55005

right now galaxy s3 is not able to text keep getting code 97  and texts i already recieve coming in doubles or triples

crossroad is hwy 65 and 237th ave

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can't text in area code 55005

- liverpool21 Ouch, I checked that location and I do not see any known issues. I did see however that they are busy with upgrading the towers in your area and this can cause issues. Error 97 means that your device is unable to connect to our network. With the upgrades in progress we are taking towers down and replacing them with new improved towers that will have LTE, enhanced 3G and Voice. This can cause capacity issues on the neighboring towers.

Please update your data profile on a regular basis and powercycle your device after that. Both will refresh your network settings.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

just wondering could the APN setting on my phone cause the issue as i seen on some forums that can be part of the issue for some people?

also did you check the 55005 area and any idea if they working on them right now?

As of right now seems to be working normally but could use answers to the 2 questions

Highlighted
Journeyman

- liverpool21

Thank you, to answer your first question. Yes it can, but it is highly unlikely in this situation as the issues you described come with areas that we are upgrading. And if this was the case you should still have issues.

Yes, they are currently working on upgrading that area. Next to replacing towers we also need to upgrade the network back bone: higher capacity glass fiber cables and higher capacity switches. Once the towers are up the footprint and settings need to be optimized and this can take some time as well.

Please let us know if you have more issues

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok understanding  

last question i have for now would be that at the crossroad i am at on one side it saids good but on the other part it says fair

I happen to be in the fair section so i assume that will be fix eventally as they work on the upgrading

Highlighted
Journeyman

- Liverpool21 It is hard to predict what the foot print of the new tower will be once that one is replaced, but I would think they would work on improving that. If by that time you are still having issues we can put in a network ticket so that our network team can look at the situation. Sometimes the tower will need some fine tweaking to get a good even signal everywhere. We would have to wait until it is done before it would make sense to do though.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.