cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Fee

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cancellation Fee

I'm beyond frustrated with my service/coverage with Sprint. I work in the medical field and HAVE to have reliable service.  Over the past 6-8 months, coverage here in Salt Lake City has steadily declined.  I drop calls multiple times a day, roughly a dozen or so. And data coverage? It's just as bad.  Routinely I struggle to even get 3G coverage. Ive had the phone (Galaxy S2) in several times and I'm told each time that the phone is fine. They explained that they've had service issues because they're upgrading cell towers to LTE.  Thats fine, I get it.  But you STILL have to provide the service that I'm paying for!! So I called Sprint yesterday to see what it would cost to get out of my contract and move to another carrier. They want $220 (pro rated) for each of my two lines.  This is completely ridiculous!! I've kept my side of the contract. I pay my bill monthly without issue.  But Sprint has NOT held up their side of the contract by providing the service/coverage they've promised. I should be fining them! Has anyone had success in getting out of their 2 year contract with out being fined? If so, I want to know. 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Cancellation Fee

Funny we are having the same issue.  If you get out let me know because I'm ready to tell Sprint where to go and how to get there.  My lines are $240 each.  It's obvious they care NOTHING about their customers and the SERVICE they provide!!!

Journeyman

Re: Cancellation Fee

Look at your March and April bills. You may see an increase in the surcharge. Sprint recently changed the way the calculate their surcharges which is a material change to the contract. If you call before May 1st and inform them that you would like to cancel service and have your ETF waived because of a material adverse change in the terms of the contract, then they are bound by the contract to do so. Read the terms and conditions and pay attention to the part about having your ETF waived.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.