Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Ownership

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Changing Ownership

With the change of ownership if the person I'm switching the ownership to have a previous past due balance with sprint when switching them as the owner will they have to pay that bill upfront or will they add that previous past due bill to the bill?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Changing Ownership

Great question @niclas1.  The person assuming responsibility for your account will most likely need to pay off the balance due; it definitely can't be added to the new account.  Assuming it has been more than 60 days since your friend had his or her own account, they'll also need to apply as a new customer with a credit check, etc. after the balance has been paid.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Great question @niclas1.  The person assuming responsibility for your account will most likely need to pay off the balance due; it definitely can't be added to the new account.  Assuming it has been more than 60 days since your friend had his or her own account, they'll also need to apply as a new customer with a credit check, etc. after the balance has been paid.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

Journeyman

Thanks for the answer I appreciate that

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.