Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my telephone number but old number still is attached

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

A few weeks ago I called into customer service to have my number changed. The rep told me my new number and had me do an update to the profile and told me the new number should take effect and he was going to do a test call. Well long story short, 2 and a half weeks later my account has the new number attached but when I dial out the old number shows up. I receive less than half of my text messages and I can't send any. I have internet service still but when someone calls the new number they get a message that the number is not in service. Troubleshooting done with tech support through customer service and in store are:

- Update the profile and ensure all IDs are correct doing the ##336954# thing or whatever the numbers are

- Hard reboot of my phone

- Taking the battery out and restarting after tech support did something on their end

- Update PRL

I originally got the phone through Wirefly.com. I'm not sure if this would have any impact on changing the number directly with Sprint. I'm frankly pissed off that it has taken this long to change a number. Does anyone out here have any suggestions to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

You need to do a full reset to clear out all provisioning info - this is done by "dialing" ##786#   Menu  Reset  and entering the MSL - you will need to get this passcode from customer care.  All changes on the device are immediate and caller id only takes 48-72 hours from the original number change to update.  Anytime a number change or an MSID change is performed on an Android phone a ##786# needs to be performed - no way around it.  I apologize for the delay in getting your issue resolved.

Larry

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Master

You need to do a full reset to clear out all provisioning info - this is done by "dialing" ##786#   Menu  Reset  and entering the MSL - you will need to get this passcode from customer care.  All changes on the device are immediate and caller id only takes 48-72 hours from the original number change to update.  Anytime a number change or an MSID change is performed on an Android phone a ##786# needs to be performed - no way around it.  I apologize for the delay in getting your issue resolved.

Larry

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.