cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged $125.00 to add my Wife's existing Sprint account to my own...

Journeyman

Charged $125.00 to add my Wife's existing Sprint account to my own...

Here's my story...

I have had a Sprint account for years now, so has my wife. After getting married I wanted to just combine our two accounts into one, makes things a whole lot easier. One bill, one bill date, you get the idea. So I call customer care, and spoke with Dawn. She advised I go with the 1500 minute plan with unlimited text and web, it was better than what we had set up so I agreed. I was SPECIFICALLY told that there would be no charges of any kind for combining our accounts, which made sense. What, are they going to charge me a fee to print both out names on my bill instead of sending out two? I check back online a few hours later, and what do you know... A $125.00 "Adjustment". You have got to be kidding me. I call back customer care and speak with Tyler. She informs me its for a "Deposit", a deposit for what? For adding a new line she says... Ok let me forget about the fact that Dawn LIED to me, a deposit of $125.00 to add my wife's account, an account she has had with Sprint for years, to my own. So basically the net result is I get one bill, not two, and can pay for both of our lines at the same time. But no, apparetnly I have to pay $125.00 for that luxury. RIDICULOUS. Back to Tyler with customer care, she explains the charge is valid and basically says sorry but to bad. I ask to speak with a manager, she transfers me to her supervisor. She gives me the same speech, I'm sorry you were misinformed, but I can't help you. I ask to speak her superior, am put on hold AGAIN, (the phone call has reached about 35 minutes by now) and after waiting for a few more minutes the conversation is ended by me BEING HUNG UP ON. Wow Sprint, is this really how you treat people? You lie to me to get me into a new phone plan, don't honor your employees promises, string me along for a good 40 minutes and then blow me off. I'm seriously considering taking my business elsewhere if Sprint does not take care this.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Charged $125.00 to add my Wife's existing Sprint account to my own...

Leave Sprint ASAP.

I have had them for 12yrs running and have had nothing but a nightmare in the last 12months.  They have gone so far as to add 2 more yrs. to my account and CHANGE MY CALLING PLAN mid month to a plan they know I could never follow.  My last bill is over 550 as they changed the plan mid month.  Calling Tech support.. HAHAHA if you want to talk to people that can't/won't read and just place you on hold and hang up.

Now when I call it always says they are closed, I back out go to CACEL my account.. still closed.

Hello Court System.

SAY NO TO FRAUD BoyCOTT SPRINT

Journeyman

Sprint doesn't change your plan without discussing it and the conditions first.  If you upgrade your phone and want the discount, you sign a new 2 year agreement.  You also have the choice to start the new plan in the middle of the billing cycle or you can have it be effective at the beginning of the next cycle.  If none of these things were brought to your attention, you probably got a new person.  Just call back and tell them the situation.  If they don't help you, threaten to cancel.  Customer service reps are required to transfer you to account services, which handles retention of customers.  Sprint itself does not deliberately change your plan without your consent.  This is most likely a case of an inexperienced customer service rep. 

Journeyman

No I did not give any consent.  It was an error but they never brought it to my attention.  The Sprint rep had to add my Evo back to my account to make my insurance claim.. that added 2 yrs to my contract.  When he did that as well he added it with a 450min calling plan.  Now I caught the contract error when I told Sprint on the phone to Cancel and the rep said you just signed on for 2 more yrs. I said Absolutely not, that with my EVO I was only doing my 12months left.  That they found and agreed to.  I did not catch the plan change until today while lookng at my account online.

The rep in the Store changed it without telling me anything.  By scanning my bar code(s) it re-upped my contract and he chose on his own a calling plan.  I simply went in for device replacement.  Nothing more and Nothing like this for certain.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.