cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does sprint customer service not want to help people if it sounds hard?

Journeyman

I have been trying to get help with my in home reception for over an hour was told I could recieve a free airave.  I first called *2 then after she told me about the airave and told me to call another department 1-888-876-8381 and they would help me.  I call the number and it sounds like the same line as *2 so I go through the motions and get in contact with another rep and she says she'll transfer me this time about 10min or so it just hangs up on me.  Call *2 again to complain about being bounced around and hung up on and now I'm on hold again.  I usually try not to make trouble but this is pretty bad even ATT didn't treat me like this.  Is it my mistake?  Is this problem too much work to take care of and they would rather pass it on to another rep?  Is it lunch time or dinner time?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

It is not that it is hard but some departments can't add the line of service to the account that is needed for an Airave to be added. Please call in and ask for Account Services as they can perform every step of the process.  I am sorry you have been misrouted or transferred in error but assure you the Account Services people can take care of this.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

I was helped later on by someone who said he would send a airave out but it's been 2 weeks now and nothing has happened.  Also this is not the first time I've been bounced around and hung up on.  I don't mind being on hold longer if it means not being hung up on.  Sprint needs to improve their customer service.

Journeyman

I don't know and maybe its just me, but as a customer why should we be the ones who have to know who to contact within sprint to get our problems resolved. I read over and over again in these forums Sprint apologizing  for other Sprint representatives then turn around and ask us (the customer) to call some other department. We are given a single number to call *2 for example, what is wrong with the concept that the Sprint rep that takes this call be informed enough and smart enough to realize that if he or she cant handle the call they at least know who to transfer the call to who can, oh and once a commitment is made stick to it and not blame the rep making the decision as making a mistake and renig on that commitment.

Come on Sprint, read your own forums, post after post time after time complaints are being registered just like matthewlee6 and nothing seems to get better. Yes you have a good product but there is a point at which it does not matter how good your product is if your customers are feed up with the quality of their interactions with people who represent Sprint and who just don't care, at that point the only control we have is to leave. I know I have been with almost three years and am paying $600 in early termination fees to get out from under this type of treatment. Yes I know the other carriers will likely charge me more money on a monthly basis but then again I will get better service both network (read 4G) and customer service and I am willing to pay for that.

MGSNELL wrote:

I don't know and maybe its just me, but as a customer why should we be the ones who have to know who to contact within sprint to get our problems resolved. I read over and over again in these forums Sprint apologizing  for other Sprint representatives then turn around and ask us (the customer) to call some other department. We are given a single number to call *2 for example, what is wrong with the concept that the Sprint rep that takes this call be informed enough and smart enough to realize that if he or she cant handle the call they at least know who to transfer the call to who can, oh and once a commitment is made stick to it and not blame the rep making the decision as making a mistake and renig on that commitment.

Come on Sprint, read your own forums, post after post time after time complaints are being registered just like matthewlee6 and nothing seems to get better. Yes you have a good product but there is a point at which it does not matter how good your product is if your customers are feed up with the quality of their interactions with people who represent Sprint and who just don't care, at that point the only control we have is to leave. I know I have been with almost three years and am paying $600 in early termination fees to get out from under this type of treatment. Yes I know the other carriers will likely charge me more money on a monthly basis but then again I will get better service both network (read 4G) and customer service and I am willing to pay for that.

First off if you read any of my posts you will see I more than likely will not side with Sprint. In this case I don't back Sprint as a Corporation, but have you ever worked in a Call Center? The problem with Sprint, and most other Companies is Call Centers have a high turnover rate. I am fortunate enough where I have been into a few Call Centers during Application Development and roll out. I am not making excuses for poor service, but due to the high turnover rates most Call Center Employee's make it one, maybe 2 years, then leave. If you have ever been in one, you will understand why real quick, and get an appreciation for those answering the phone.

Call Centers have boards all over the place, has number of calls in the waiting queue, the average wait time, the average call time, and of course they flash when service levels are not met. On top of this you usually have a lead who is looking at individual CSR's call time statistics to make sure the CSR is not taking to much time on any call, and almost every place I have visited writes up CSR's who take too long on the average call. So they have their Management breathing down their necks, and they also have to deal with us, and let's be honest, sometimes we are not all that pleasant. I try to be, but every once in while we all blow a gasket. Usually when we call it is because we are frustrated, or upset something is not right. Due to the high turnover there are always vacant postions, and always folks in training. What tends to happen is folks do not get fully trained before being let loose due to contsant shortages and Management trying to look good by improving their call times, which as we all know backfires when we don't get the right information, or we get transferred off to someone else. The transfer off is always a good one for statistics as once they are transferred they are no longer in your queue, nor is the call timer still running. Unfortunate yes, it it encouraged, no, but the CSR's are closely watched on the amount of time they take on a call. Sprint is no different than Dell, or any other Call Center, the object in managements eyes is answer the phone, quickly help the customer, and on to the next call. The reality is the phone is answered, customers can't always explain in a short time the issue, and some customers are doing good to turn the phone on, let alone make a call. If there is a problem, the CSR now has to go to a flow chart. I hate them, we all do, but most customers want to ask 50 questions and make sure the CSR really understood the problem. The CSR has to follow the chart or they get written up, so the clock is ticking away, their call average is increasing, so the easy route to keep their Management happy is one of two things, transfer it, or accidently hang up on it. Not the way you or I would do it, but that is the reality.

IMHO Corporations in the hunt for a better profit margin need to understand, the first point of contact is the CSR. Get rid of the call timers, just show how many are waiting in the queue with the approximate wait time, pay the good ones a decent wage to  stay, fully train everyone, and allow then to do what you actually hired them to do, represent your Company in a positive way, and help customers, no matter how long it takes.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.