cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Phone not shipped - keeps getting pushed back

Journeyman

Essential Phone not shipped - keeps getting pushed back

I ordered an Essential Phone as an upgrade to my Galaxy S6 on Monday, 8/28/2017. The confirmation email estimated a ship date of 8/28, which was the day of order. Sprint's own webpage of shipping estimates stated a date of Friday, 9/1/2017, which is today. I checked again today, and now it is saying an estimated ship date of 9/8/2017.

I'm wondering if or when to expect this phone to be shipped?

I'm also starting to second-guess my decision.

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Essential Phone not shipped - keeps getting pushed back

I checked on this Friday as a couple other people had questions as well. The launch and shipping has been pushed back by the manufacturer. We're waiting on their ok to be sure that everything is ready to give you the best experience possible. I know it's been a long wait and apologize that it's been delayed again.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I do understand this but other people who have ordered directly from Essential are receiving their devices.

Should that not signify an "OK" from Essential so that Sprint can start shipping out peoples preordered devices? I personally cancelled another line of service just to get this phone with you guys and if I do not get any word about the phones shipping out by 9/8 then I might cancel my pre-order. I do not want to do this to be totally honest. 

Do you have any updated information on this situation that you can share?

Journeyman

I cancelled my order today. I don't like the way this is being handled by the phone manufacturer, or by Sprint. I will decide on a different phone, or on a different company altogether.

Journeyman

noooooo you could of been apart of the dark side lol. I completely understand your decision however....I am almost at that point.

ESPECIALLLY SINCE WE AREN'T GETTING ANSWERS ABOUT THE PHONES BEING SHIPPED TO STORES!

Journeyman

That's part of my beef. No real answers from anybody. 

Plus, the longer it's delayed, more and more reviews come out about the shortfalls of the phone. I'm turning away for multiple reasons now. 

I'm not sure I'll leave Sprint at this point, but I'll be shopping around since my contract is expired.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update... Sprint says they can't just cancel my order because it's in "fulfillment hold." Essentially, I have to wait for a tracking number so a return to sender can be processed. Since it is in fulfillment hold, my account status is pending upgrade, meaning I cannot go ahead and upgrade to the S8 or whatever I decide upon.

My practical and hypothetical questions are: What if this Essential Phone shipment keeps getting pushed back? Do I have to continually wait for a shipment tracking number before I can actually cancel? Will my account indefinitely be in pending upgrade status until it ships? My Essential Phone order (the one I want to cancel) has been in "fulfillment hold" since last Tuesday, and the shipment has been pushed back at least twice now.

Sprint customer service couldn't really answer my hypothetical questions. I understand that it's not the customer service rep's fault that the information isn't available, but any customer should be able to cancel an order before it ships. 

Community Manager

You may both already know this, but I just got word and some customers are posting about it here: Has anybody gotten their Essential Phone yet?, pre-orders for the Sprint device have begun shipping.  I also have MR release notes to publish for it so.. things are happening!

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.