Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

Go to solution
Highlighted
Patron

Frustrated

My wife recently got her 3rd or 4th new blackberry curve due to issues with phone (locking up, shutting down) and I'm on my third. We are still having the same issues and Sprint refuses to upgrade us to a different phone. We've been good customers for many years so I don't understand why (given the history with our curves and how unhappy and completely frustrated we are with them) they won't give us any early upgrade to a different phone. So our only option is paying full price for a different phone? Sorry, but that doesn't seem fair to me. They just don't seem to care. Does anyone know if verizon pays to terminate your contract if you sign up with them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Frustrated

It sounds like the issue is with the phone.  Sprint appears to be honoring the manufacturer's warranty, in my opinion.  While some people have gotten upgrades for discontinued devices, expecting one may be a little ambitious.  Even Wal-Mart's policy is only to refund an electronics purchase for 30 days or less.  I totally understand that you want a working device, but I think Blackberry is more to blame than Sprint.

I'm not sure if Verizon will pay your termination fee.  However, considering the cost of the fee, you could probably buy an LG Optimus S for less off Ebay.  It's cheaper than "full price" and has great features for families like shared calendars.  My wife and I have our calendars show up on each other's phones, and a third calendar that's shared between us.  Then, sell your Blackberries, either back to Sprint or on Ebay.  Or keep them as a backup if you lose your phone.  This option would allow you to keep the plan you have with Sprint, which will be better value than Verizon.

Wizard

Frustrated

ACHINICI1,

We regret the frustrations you're experiencing.  Handset issues are best addressed at a Sprint Service & Repair store.  At that time, a technician will be able to troubleshoot and replace or repair your handset w/in our current guidelines.  Any exceptions, such as replacing your phone with a different model is at the store manager's discretion.

Sincerely,

SprintCares

Journeyman

Re: Frustrated

"....Handset issues are best addressed at a Sprint Service & Repair store..."

Really? Then why is Sprint closing their Service and Repair centers and leaving this up to 3rd party retailers? The closest Sprint owned repair center to my home (Cleveland, major metropolitan area) is 25 miles away. I've never had a sinlge issue fixed in one visit to the repair center (pointless 50 mile roundtrip). Some issues have taken at least 2 visits (pointless 100 mile trip) because the phone, or part has to be ordered. Most issues have never been resolved by the Repair Center because the new hardware has a completely different problem. Being a Sprint Customer is a madening, never ending loop of frustration.

Sincerely,

Sprint DOES NOT Care.

Journeyman

Frustrated

not hard to be frustrated with a company that puts you on hold for a couple hours disconnects you, chats with you but then cant see the entire chat and doesnt live up to their end of the chat as agreed and then won't even try to go out of the way to please.  the service with this company is just awful.  when you do respond to their little request on their service nobody responds or cares.  also how is it a upgrade when you are going to the same phone just a new one.  why do they not show on their plans that their is an additional $10 for each smart phone even though each of their data plans require a smart phone.  shouldnt they just charge more under the standard plan?????   if i could have gone in the phone today and yanked someone's head off i most likely would have.  good luck on getting water thrown at you if you are on fire with sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.