cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Phone upgrade and activation - painful process and lack of agent knowledge

Highlighted
Journeyman

Frustrating Phone upgrade and activation - painful process and lack of agent knowledge

January 19th, 2018 - I wanted to upgrade my iPhone 6S to an iPhone 7 RED I had acquired - the West Bend WI store told me that I needed a new SIM card, and that the iPhone 7 RED was special, which I knew was wrong but they insisted - and of course they had none in stock - they would be available 3 business days or I could have one shipped to me. Strike 1!

So I contacted Customer Service at *2 - they also told me I needed a new SIM card - and they asked which network the iPhone 7 had come from - it was Verizon - so they checked the IMEI number and got an error - they said Verizon had "locked" it. No one locks 4G LTE phones! At my place of business to prove the point I took a SIM card from a U.S. Cellular iPhone 6s, put it in the 7 and called them - activated it over the phone - easy as it should have been! Strike 2!

So I decided chance a trip to the store in Wauwatosa WI to see if they had one of the coveted SIM cards I apparently need as I was in the area. Fully expecting to be frustrated again - I got my number at the very busy store and waited my turn. My name was called and I went up to the counter and talked a young lady named Victoria - she was maybe 20 years old. I told her the short version of my dilemma and she took both the phones, turned off iPhone "find me" on the iPhone 7, transferred the SIM card and activated the 7 with no issues. Victoria was wonderful to deal with and made the process as easy as it should be. Thank you Victoria - and Sprint, train your folks better as I was fully ready to go to Verizon this day. Strike 3 avoided!

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Frustrating Phone upgrade and activation - painful process and lack of agent knowledge

I am so sorry for the delayed response @jmarshall1956 and I don't blame you at all for your frustrations.  I'm glad Victoria was able to get you all set up but I'm going to pass along your thoughts for training purposes.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.