cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HORRIBLE SALES REPS CUSTOMER SERVICE WEST COVINA, CA

Highlighted
Patron

I've been a customer of Sprint under a family plan for over 10 years. In all my years of dealing with Sprint I have never had an experience like I've had the past two times I've visited the store at 310 S California Ave Ste A, West Covina, CA 91790.

I believe it was in July or August of 2011 I came to the location because I was having problems with my phone charging. An African American Sales Representative ended up helping me and I told him my issue. He took my phone and I thought he went to the back to drop it off with the technician and told me it would be a few minutes. He proceeded to help another customer as I waited, he was trying to get them to buy of phone, of course, but they ended up not getting one for whatever reason. It took about 5 minutes. Soon after he came to me with the phone in his hand saying my phone couldn't be fixed because it had water damage. What was strange to me is that although I was sitting facing the area where the technician was, I never saw the Sale Rep go back to get my phone and I didn't understand how I had water damage when my phone had never been around water and I was actually having a problem with the charging port being a little bit loser than what I like because the charger would inconveniently come out at times. The Rep proceeded to ask me if I knew if I was due for an upgrade, to which I said yes, and he proceeded to try to sale me a phone. I told him I was waiting for the Iphone to come out first and he told me that was basically not a smart move because the Iphone is overrated and I should get another phone he was recommending and he gave me no other alternative (although I do have insurance).

I decided to deal with my phone and for some reason after a few days the port was not as loose anymore, i guess the issue with the phone resolved on its own.

Yesterday, I made an appointment at the store because I had another issue with the phone. I had pleasure of meeting your Sales Representative, Jose Ibarra. I tell him what my issue is, he takes the phone, looks at it and says it can't be fixed, he did this without even taking it to the technician. I don't know when sales became tech, but I used to work at a major cellular phone provider a few years ago and the tech and sales department were not one in the same. I told Jose that I went to another Sprint store in Los Angeles by my work awhile ago and they fixed the same issue I had with no problem. He told me that I must have taken it to an authorized retailer because no Sprint store would be able to fix my issue. I assured him, I wasn't mistaken and it was an actual Sprint store with the big yellow letters on the outside and the people dressed in Sprint shirts and it was on the Sprint website as an actual store. He proceeds to give me a mouthful of information that I did not ask for, so I asked him where was the next nearest location with repair was located. I told him about my visit last time and how the other Rep told me I had water damage which wasn't true, Jose responded by saying that they could tell when there was water damage because an indicator changes colors. I know that this is a fact, but it was not in my case. He goes on and on giving me more information about cellphones, I guess trying to show me that he was the expert and knew everything about Sprint cellphones. After awhile I finally told him to stop speaking to me and tell me again where the next nearest Sprint location was since I wasn't going to get any help here. He told me on Azusa. I asked him to give me the address, he tells me "it's just right there on Azusa" as he point. I asked 2 more times for the address and he responded with the same thing and pointed. I then told him I was not familiar with the area, so then he questions where I'm from, as if I'm lying. I believe if he would have tried to be more helpful to begin with and even looked up my account, he would have seen I have a non-local area code as well as an out of the state address on my account. Then Jose tells me that he does not have the address. I point to the computer and ask if he really cannot get the address of another location within the company he works for. Finally, he proceeds to look on the computer to get the information after going back and forth which seemed to me to be about 5 minutes, although in reality I'm sure it was much less.

Although I did not go to the other location because I was so upset that I felt like I needed to smoke a cigarette even though I don't smoke so I just went home. Needless to say, I just came back today from a Sprint store with a perfectly WORKING phone with no issues that I can see what so ever anymore. I also asked at the other location if my phone had water damage and their response was no.

From Sprint stores in other states that I have visited, as well the Sprint stores throughout Northern California (where I just moved from), I have never been lied to, argued with, or treated with such foul customer service as I have in this one location on both of my visits. I wish I would have taken down the name of the guy that lied to me before, but from these two experiences it makes me want to avoid your location at all costs even though you are closest to my residence. I will honestly say, if I have an issue, I know without a doubt I will visit the location closest to my work. That location is the type of store that makes customers for LIFE. I wish I could have the convenience of having that type of location closest to my residence as well.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

I am sorry you had such a terrible experience. I forwarded this post to my contacts here at corporate headquarters in Retail for investigation. When I hear back, I will post here again.

Again, my apologies,

mapesy

Master

I was notified you will be contacted and helped. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

mapesy

Master

Last post...Issue Resolved. I received this from my contacts:

Update:  RESOLVED

My District Manager, George J., spoke with this customer and esolved the issue.  She now has his contact information.

George will coach as necessary in the Retail Store.

BLL

Patron

Re: HORRIBLE SALES REPS CUSTOMER SERVICE WEST COVINA, CA

I wouldn't say "RESOLVED" although I did speak to George, I'm still waiting for a follow up regarding the issue and promises he made, such as new phone and additional adjustments.

So I categorize this as "PENDING"

I look forward to hearing from him again to actually resolving it.

Thanks,

Bridget

Master

Duly noted. If you do not hear from George within a day or two, please let me know

mapesy

Patron

I will do.

Thank you for all of your help!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.