cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G MEID Number

Highlighted

HTC EVO 4G MEID Number

I just listed my recently deactivated HTC EVO 4G on Craigslist, and I have a potential buyer texting me about it. He/she asked for the MEID number to verify that it's not a stolen phone. I called my local Sprint store and asked if I should give out this information, and they said not to do that, but rather we should meet at the Sprint store so it can be verified and the buyer can't steal the MEID to activate a line and then scam his insurance company out of a new phone. I told this to the potential buyer, and he/she said that he/she runs a cell phone store (didn't say which one, but their phone # is local) and could run the MEID number there. I still don't trust this person, and I'd like more opinions from the community.

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: HTC EVO 4G MEID Number

SauronHimself

Thanks for posting on our Sprint Community.

With purchases thru unauthorized third party vendors (ie Craigslist, eBay, etc), we highly suggest customers call in with the ESN/MEID to verify the phone is not on Sprint's negative file. It's a great practice to avoid being scammed out of money and being left with a phone that can not be activated.

As a seller, we understand the concern that you have. You do not want someone to hi-jack the ESN/MEID for their own misuse.

In BOTH cases, Sprint is not liable for the outcomes that may arise. Visiting a company owned store together to verify the phone is a

good option. Maybe you can stop by this potential buyer's store. It's totally up to you. As an unauthorized seller and/or buyer, you have to use your best discretion how the transaction is handled.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.