Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey, SPRINT! Read this....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, SPRINT! Read this....

But you don't care, right?

I think I'm going to leave Sprint, too unless someone in customer service works their "magic" by tonight....

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Hey, SPRINT! Read this....

Is there anything I can help you with?

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

In a nutshell....Because of the online phone reservervation falling through the cracks and getting an email saying my phone may not be available. I went ahead and ordered the Samsung GS3 online through my current phone's internet because the Sprint online store through my laptop was having issues for the black friday sale. Received email confirmation and my check card was charged the sale price. I checked the order update and it stated that it will be updated in 24 hours. So after 24 hours still no update but, it also mentioned that i need to validate the order and a sprint rep may attempt to call but to expedite service they listed a #. So I waited and no online update still. So i called. So for identity theft purposes, I validated my order info with the rep with the order confirmation number given with the sale price. Now, he never mentioned the price over the phone because I was under the assumption that i already paid for it and my bank account says it. So my order was ok and he told me the shipping time. Now i log on to sprint and there was a $211 and some change charge toward my billing AND I was charged the same amount for my order on the phone.

I was on the phone for nearly 3 hours after i had seen this. Nothing can be done, i spoke with 3 people!

the second rep was confused and didn't understand why i was charged the $211 for the phone when she can see i ordered it for the sale price!

the 3rd rep, told me that he was unable to stop the ordering process and that he can't refund the difference of the over charge of the phone. So i have to refuse shipment of the phone, which will be sitting in my doorstep whenever it arrives (cause I will be at work) and i have to bring it back to a corporate store.

He also stated that they don't refund to cards used but to the sprint account? What kind of serivce is that?

So now because of the $211 charge, my bills will be screwed up and I will get hit with NSF fees. I couldn't breathe on the phone because that's how upset i was...never in my life I had to deal with this kind of service.

if it was going to be so much trouble, I would have ordered the phone through Radio Shack or even Best Buy (which i found out they had lowered their price too!)

Highlighted

I am so sorry about all this. Do you know what department you spoke with? I am in technical support and I am not familair with the process of ordering devices through the website and how you are charge and what you are charged. Your best bet is to speak with our order support team (866) 789-8292.  I am not too sure if this is the department you spoke with but this department should be able to give you some information about your order.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not the only one going through this. Trust me 3 hours with the support team was enough for me to deal with.

Thank you for trying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel the same way Roxy....so pi$$ed right now....the worst part about it is it feels like there is nobody with enough sense anywhere in sprint that can help us....

Depending on which inept cust service rep you talk to, you'll get different answers everytime....and then most of the time they are like , "uhhh I dont know why it did that " but can't fix it either

I hate to hear about not refunding the money on the card because that's the boat I'm in too.....overcharged big time even though I have the confirmation emails to prove I got the 49.99 price

After I get this straightened out, IF it ever gets fixed, this is absolutely my last contract with sprint.....12 years of loyal service and they treat us like this......total BS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tried processing order on friday and system crashed just as I was completing order and now they have no record of my order and want to charge me $199.99 for the Galaxy S3 which would have cost me $0 on friday if they had processed my order.  Been trying for 3 days to get ahold of someone that can help me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How would you have been able to get it for $0?? Wasn't it $49.99?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, Call today, Seriously, telesales may be able to help.  Mention that the system crashes specifically ask for telesales.

Journeyman

Oh my gosh...well I feel better now knowing that OTHERS have had the same exact issue!!! Below is what happened to me...same thing. Different amount. But I kept explaining to the nice representative I spoke with that I was not ordering as part of any "Black Friday" deal...I was upgrading my phone because that was when I was able to do so.  She kept saying there was an issue with the deals they were offering online.  The phone would have been the amount I INTENDED to pay, whether I'd upgraded on November 1st when I became eligible or Dec 31st!

I went in to the store to check out some phones I was interested in on Friday…but instead of doing my upgrade in the store, because the lines were crazy, I went back to my hotel room and did it online.  As expected, the cost of the phone I ordered (Samsung galaxy s3) was 49.95 plus tax and shipping. And my next bill would include the activation/upgrade fee of $36. my confirmation email CONFIRMED the same.

My credit card account was charged for $225. And the difference was applied to my sprint account!

I only had about $70 to my credit card limit. I usually charge it up over a period of 2 months and pay it all the way off. (I keep a low limit, just $500). But now, my credit card is over the limit.

I called immediately and spoke to a nice young lady who didn’t understand why this happened.  She put in a request form for the amount to be corrected, but could not guarantee the funds would return to my card and not credit my sprint account. Um, excuse me??? Not only should the amount go back towards my credit card, but also the overlimit fee I’m going to be hit with should be their responsibility.

AND THEN, I get an email saying the phone may be out of stock but “we will send it out to you as soon as we have them available.” They were IN stock when I ordered it.  So, now something really smells fishy about this whole transaction.

I have been with Sprint since my early college days...I'm 30 years old!  I rarely have a problem to this magnitude, but when you mess with my money, that's SERIOUS. And I agree, that perhaps reporting this issue, which seems to be widespread, and not just some isolated incident, and reporting Sprint to the BBB may open eyes on the issue.  It feels like I've been cheated with the old bait & switch tactic.

Not cool.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have been trying all month to log onto the desktop Sprint website and it just continues to load and never completes. The only access I had to the website was through the mobile site.  So I too used my cell phone for this transaction.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just an FYI for folks that bought a S3 online for Black Friday

I discovered that rather than seeing the expected 50 bucks on my credit card, Sprint had charged me 217.  After dealing with the unhelpful people at the Sprint store I called Sprint and discovered that they charged my credit card the incorrect amount, but had credited me 150 on my Sprint account to make it even.  The customer service on the phone was good, but I am still very unhappy that this happened. 

The fact is I don’t want a 217 dollar charge on my credit card!!  Come on Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.