cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get My Phone Number Back?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I get My Phone Number Back?

Hello, so weirdest thing happened between my phone and the phone of another person on the plan. So a few months ago my someone from our plan left to another carrier and since then on my galaxy s6 edge it shows that I have the number of someone else on my plan, so essentially we are sharing a number. This only happens when that person calls me, it shows as voicemail, and when I send a picture message to a friend it says it is the other person sending the picture. I have gone to a sprint store and they could not figure out what was happening so they told me to factory reset my phone in the hopes that might fix it but that didnt help. Any ideas of how to fix this?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: How do I get My Phone Number Back?

Good afternoon loudizzle, thank you so much for contacting us today.

Where on your Samsun Galaxy S6  is it showing the other number?

Is this happening when you text one number in particular or has this happened texting different numbers?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

So when i go on device info and click on sim status it shows the other number not the one i use to have. Also, the number shows only when sending multimedia texts and when i get a call from the person whos number it is.

Master

loudizzle,

Allow us to look further into this matter. Please reply to the private message I sent you.

To access to your private messages, click on your name or avatar. This will take you into your profile. Once in there you will see the private message notification. If you're posting from a phone/mobile device, once on this site and logged in, go into your browsers settings and change it to full site mode/desktop mode. Once the site changes, follow the steps above.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Master

loudizzle,

I received your message and have replied to it. Please check your inbox.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.