cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get voicemail transcription on Galaxy Nexus?

Journeyman

How do I get voicemail transcription on Galaxy Nexus?

I used to have a Samsung Moment, and the one good thing about it was the visual voicemail transcription.

I now have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and I miss voicemail transcription.  It looks like I can get it through Google Voice, which I thought I had set up correctly, but still my voicemails come in to regular voicemail and I have to dial in to hear my messages, rather than get a visual on them and then choose what to listen to.

I do not use Google Voice in other settings, this is the first time I've tried it.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: How do I get voicemail transcription on Galaxy Nexus?

erikasprintgirl,

Great question, give me a minute so I can take a look at how you can do this.

Highlighted
Wizard

erikasprintgirl,

Before you begin, make sure you’ve got a Google Voice account set up and activated. If you already have a Google account, then you’re already half way there, all you need to do is activate Google Voice.

Activating Google Voice Voicemail on Your Nexus S

Step 1 - Go to the Google Voice website and log in.

Step 2 - Select “Settings,” then select which phone you’d like to activate Google Voice voicemail on.

Step 3 - Exit to the main screen, then dial “*004*” followed by your phones ten digit phone number.

Step 4 - When the account has been confirmed as linked, then click “Done” at the Google Voice website. Your phone will now use Google Voice for it’s voicemail.

Activating Voicemail Transcription and Delivery

Step 1 - Log into the Google Voice website.

Step 2 - Click “Settings,” then select the “Voicemail & SMS” tab up at the top.

Step 3 - If you’d like to have voicemail transcriptions sent to your email as well, check the box next to “Email the Message To” and then fill in the desired email address.

Step 4 - To set up SMS delivery of voicemail transcriptions, look underneath the "Send a text (SMS) message to" section. Select your phone.

Step 5 - To enable the transcription service, check the box next to “Transcribe Voicemails.”

Step 6 - Click “Save Changes” and exit out of Google Voice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks! 

I've set it up.  Looks like my interface with Google Voice's website was slightly different than what you've described, but similar enough to figure it out. 

Anyway, now I'll just have to wait to see if it worked.  I'll let you know!

Thanks!

E

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.