cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get data after phone swap?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How long does it take to get data after phone swap?

Well 2 days ago my sister bought an evo and she handed me down her htc hero.  I go in today to swap my OLD LG rumor (version 1) for the htc hero.  The guy helping me said that the phone was activated but that it was getting this error.  The error was "error code 67"(Registration failure. Your username and/or password may be incorrect.).  He told me I had to wait for the data "part" to activate in the phone.  Its been 3 hrs and still same error.  Is this normal?  Calls and text work fine but no network available.  How long does it take?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: How long does it take to get data after phone swap?

You are going to have tocall Sprint, It sounds like it was not provisioned correctly. Call from a different phone.

Master

Re: How long does it take to get data after phone swap?

First try updating the data profile. Settings > About Phone > Phone Update > Update Profile

This should pull down all of the correct information for your phone number. The username the phone uses when connecting to the data network is unique to each phone number. You may need to restart the phone afterwards.

Anytime your data isn't working, on any phone, try a data profile update and see if it fixes the issue. If it does, then it was something qwrong on the phone itself, and caalling into Care/Tech Support would just have wasted time since that's one of the first things they would do.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.